Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 25-01-2019 09:37 PM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
3mrys
Journeyman
Options
I don't think its the tizen version, I think I've been on 4.0.0.1 for while now. It's the software version, I'm on RX800XXU1BRK3
0 Likes
Silver_Surfer
Student
Options
Yes same here RX800XXU1BRK3 Here in Paris.
How does the OTA works with Samsung, is it by continent or country ?
0 Likes
Matěj
Apprentice
Options
I am from Czech republic and my version is R800XXU1BRK3. Without “X”. I don’t know what does it mean.
0 Likes
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options
It means you haven't got the update yet.
0 Likes
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options

People in the USA and Canada have downloaded the update. Nothing for the UK yet. 

Don't be confused by the Android Galaxy Wear app/ plug in which is also being released. I got it a few days ago. It's no great shakes - couple of extra settings you can set by phone and a preview watch face feature, also on the phone.

0 Likes
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options

Those who have managed to update the software are reporting major/ drastic improvements to the heart rate issues.

I'm still waiting for the update though 😞

0 Likes
3mrys
Journeyman
Options

Are we sure this update will be available for SM-R800? The OP was for a model R8100

0 Likes
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options
Yes, US and Canada have received the update for the 46mm Bluetooth model, aka SMR800.
However, all users worldwide with the LTE model, are, as far as I know, still waiting.
As are the rest of us outside USA and Canada for the SMR800 and SMR810.
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options
Has anyone outside USA and Canada received the update yet??
I contacted Samsung UK but they say they don't have any info about when it's coming to the UK. Pretty useless but it's what I thought they'd say, to be honest.
0 Likes
Giedrius
Apprentice
Options

I had exactly the same problem, it didn't display heart rate while pretty much doing anything but sitting. After the update I got today, it is fixed, heart rate was working during my run without problems.