Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 25-01-2019 01:41 AM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
Silver_Surfer
Student
Options

Hi,

Same problem here in France with my Galaxy watch. I'd like to add it was exactly the same with my previous (and stolen) Galaxy Sport and the same with my Gear S3 .. so sounds like a known and steady issue.

Works perfect in normal life but as soon as you want to use HR tracking during sport activities , no luck.

I've yet to try to wear it in reverse but I pretty much gave up on this and using a different brand for real sport tracking.

DO we know if Samsung is aware and working on this ?

0 Likes
Hardkb
Student
Options

Even after so many software updates...this problem has yet not been solved. My newly bought galaxy watch as well stops heart tracking ocassionally. Samsung needs to level up!!

0 Likes
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options

There is a new software update just out which it seems should address this. We'll see...

https://www.phonearena.com/new...ery-life-improvements_id113098

0 Likes
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options
"Samsung also promises improved reliability of the heart rate sensor with this update" according to

https://www.sammobile.com/2019/01/24/galaxy-watch-updates-regular-lte-variants/
0 Likes
sonnnet
Pioneer
Options

Screenshot_20190124-184326_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
Ashu
Apprentice
Options

Has anyone updated it? It has not been launched in India for Galaxy watch. Hope it to solve the issue.

0 Likes
Paul3877
Journeyman
Options

It hasn't been lunched in Australia either but I will be very surprised if the problem with the heart rate monitor will be completely fixed.

0 Likes
Matěj
Apprentice
Options

Yes, this software version I have. But I don’t se any change.

0 Likes
3mrys
Journeyman
Options

Does anyone know if this software will be released on model SM-R800?

0 Likes
Matěj
Apprentice
Options

I got it.

A0610883-14E8-45B3-A54F-96E97085D3CA.jpeg

A168F990-824C-4C47-8C7A-E0737C5B8C1A.jpeg

0 Likes