Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 07-10-2018 04:24 PM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
3mrys
Journeyman
Options

I have had the same problem when exercising also even though i have HR “always on” sometimes it will just stop measuring for 5/10/15 mins until i notice and leave it on the HR widget for a good few minutes. Today i restarted the device and it seems to be working better now. However just now it cut out again, the green light on the HR monitor wasn’t even on. Ill have to test it out again tomorrow when running to see if it flat lines again as it has in the past. If it keeps happening I’ll have to just return it and go with garmin instead. The screens can’t compare but they have better battery and are way more comfortable.

Galaxy watch 

Software version: R800XXU1ARH1

Update: I've updated to R800XXU1BRH3 but I'm still having similar problems. Took it out for a run the other day and the heart rate stopped tracking 5 minutes in. Will do some more testing but if this continues I'll have to just return the watch

SeanAnthony
First Poster
Options

I've experienced all the same HR issues mentioned in this thread.  Last night i saw there was a new watch download available.  So far so good.  I have HR 'always on' and on a cycle this morning I experienced no issues.  Here's hoping !

Software version: R800XXU1BRH3

0 Likes
jefflevee
Journeyman
Options

Others have mentioned a software upgrade as well, but I don’t see one available.  Do you have the new Samsung Watch or the s3?  I have the new Samsung Watch, and on my phone, I go to “ABOUT WATCH,” then “Upgrade watch software.”  It tells me that I have the latest software, which is the same software I have had since I got the watch a few weeks ago.

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

The latest software ends with BRH3. The UK got this update last week. It is for the new Galaxy Watch. 

0 Likes
jefflevee
Journeyman
Options

That is the software version I already have, and I am still experiencing all the heart rate problems.

0 Likes
SeanAnthony
First Poster
Options

Hi Jeff

Yes I have the same recently launched Galaxy Watch.  I followed the same path on my phone as you did,  and selected 'Update now' and down it came.  I am in Ireland on 3 network,  so perhaps it is rolling out to different regions at different times.

Regards Sean

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

@jefflevee wrote:

That is the software version I already have, and I am still experiencing all the heart rate problems.

Yes there are still issues with heart rate,  sleep tracking and the algorithm used for how many steps you take before it starts recording, but I understand a new software version is being tested at present so hopefully that'll help. Also the engineers are aware of the issues so I'm quite hopeful it'll be sorted. If it turns out to be hardware then I'll expect Samsung to give me a brand new replacement rather than a repair as we've had these issues since day 1.

0 Likes
Tb1x
Journeyman
Options

Hope there will be an update in Sweden this week, else I have to return it. Is seams to work when I walk around the house but if I take a simple walk outside it goes crazy .. 😞IMG_20181007_171450.jpg

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

I see the same results as your. My heart rate graph looks identical to yours. Gaps all along the graph even though I've got it set to always on. 

0 Likes
Tb1x
Journeyman
Options

In Sweden we have R805FXXU1BRHB

0 Likes