Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 14-07-2019 01:34 PM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
Lanchester
First Poster
Options

In respect to using the Gear Tracker app on the Samsung Watch:

Power saving mode has to be turned off on the smartphone. The watch connects automatically to the smartphone if it's available, but receives no GPS signal because of power saving mode. 

0 Likes
kaippally
First Poster
Options

I have sick sinus syndrome (Skipping heart beats and long pauses) I would like to know when the skipping is taking place and its frequency. I have set my Galaxy Watch to measure heart rate as  Always , and the dial indicator does show heart rate updating every second. But I am unable to download the complete data. 

I tried the following methods

1. exporting from Shealth but the data is not continuous it only shows in intervals of 10 minutes or so
  2. I tried downloading the SDK and installing Dataviewer (ver 1.4) . But this also shows 10 minute interval data. 

Is there any way to get the complete data that is being gathered by the Watch?

0 Likes
Habib_2
First Poster
Options

I finally fixed this HR bug issue in my Galaxy sport by doing a trick:

1. Install: Heart Rate Monitor app from Galaxy store.

2.Run it before every cycling/walking activity.

3. Now run with of walking/cycling workouts.

It is enough to do complete HR measurements during the workout!😃

I tried it several times recently, the result is great.

SmartSelectImage_2020-04-23-15-08-54.png

SmartSelectImage_2020-04-22-21-08-17.png

0 Likes
SCO7TY
Apprentice
Options

Does it also add the hear rate to the activity and not just the HR app?

0 Likes
Habib_2
First Poster
Options

When the heart rate Graphic app runs in the background, Samsung health app will record heart rate continuesly during any of the running workouts.

0 Likes
Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

Hi there,

Nearly every bike ride or run using the Samsung Health app on the Galaxy Watch there will be random periods when it just doesn't record the heart rate. It's completely random and very annoying. I do have the watch tightly strapped to my wrist and on the latest software versions.

0 Likes
Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

not sure what the Graphic app is? When I go for a run I use the SamsingHealth on the Galaxy Watch to record my workout. On pretty much every run or cycle ride there will be random periods of 10-15 minutes where it just stops recording the heart rate, and then start again! 

Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

Hi there, thanks for the suggestion, I will certainly give it a try.

0 Likes
Habib_2
First Poster
Options
I am using Galaxy sport for more than a year and all the time I was facing this annoying missing HR record. Just since 2 weeks before that I tried using Heart rate Graphic app running in background, I didn't face this problem anymore.
0 Likes
Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

I've just downloaded the Heart Rate Graphic and will switch on tomorrow before doing a bike ride and hopefully, all will be good. Take care.

0 Likes