Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 12-06-2019 04:29 PM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@AndreiV - Very true and as long as the Galaxy tracks my HR zones & calories I'll stick with it. I guess its not an exact science but if its consistent it lets us see how hard a workout is compared to the last?

Good luck Andrei

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

@GaryBrett 

Do you have all day only continuos reading? No interruption? I mean when checking in Samsung Health

Also were you able to update to the latest Samsung health app (for the watch)? I see the update, hit it and before finishing it is disconnecting my watch and reverse. I've read the same issues

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@AndreiV - Yes all day HR seems fine since OneUI. I had an update to Samsung Health about 2 hours after the OneUI rollout, if thats the one you mean then yes thats fine too.

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

@GaryBrett 

I still have drops from time to time nothing to worry

I've decided that anyway is better to simply ignore :smiling-face:Screenshot_20190612-183202_Galaxy Store.jpg

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

Worked smolth till now and I've checked today 

Last read 14 minutes ago, no green flash, nothing

Screenshot_20190613-150212_Samsung Health.jpg

Yesterday I've sent back the Fenix, sticking with the Samsung Galaxy Watch

I hope to not be disappointed with this decision :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Grizant
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone,

this is the first time i have bought a smart watch, and i am having problems with the heart rate monitoring when excersizing. I just want to know if this is a normal thing or if the Samsung GW isnt the correct smart watch to buy for fitness.

When i train weeigts in the gym i have no problems with the heart rate monitoring. records it all fine. 

However, when i play 5aside football which is very intense fitness, i sweat alot more and specially on my arm where my watch is tight. because of the sweat its making the heart rate sensor not readable during half of the session lets say which is very frustrating! My heart rate goes up to 189bpm at some points so i like to keep track of it to make sure i dont increase that anymore. But i cant get an accurate reading when its not measuring my heart rate due to my arm sweating!!?? would they really not take sweat into account when designing the HR sensor?? 

even after the football had finished i took it off and cleaned the sensor on the watch and dried my arm. tried to read my heart rate again and still had a problem. so i had to take it off again and clean again before i caould measure it manually just to check that it would read my HR.

does anyone else have this problem and have any tips ? also is there any smart watches out there that wont struggle to monitor my heart rate after a little bit of sweat occurs.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@Grizant  - The GW has always had issues with HR tracking but the latest OneUI update seems to have resolved it for many. What activity are you settings it on for the football?

I may be wrong as I have only had Garmin, Fitbit & the GW but doubt any wrist based watch can really cope with intensive movements with lots of movement and sweat. Have you thought of a chest based strap (Polar) if your really concerned about raised HR?

I do a lot of cross training/HIIT at the gym and its been spot on since the update, stuff like burpees, mountain climbers, squats, skipping, I wear a Nike sweatband over it during this to keep it in place.

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

Worked smooth today in gym

Screenshot_20190615-135731_Samsung Health.jpg

Although calories a bit too high in my opinion

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

How's the battery?