Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 06-06-2019 01:05 PM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

Nearly a week of runs, bike rides, spin biking and it hasn't flatlined, I am hoping it's fixed!

Tb1x
Journeyman
Options

What is changed? 

0 Likes
Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

using Samsung Health it seems to be measuring hear rate continuously and not flatling for periods of up to 15 minutes.

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

Yeah all good for me too apart from a couple of incidents when it stopped measuring, once I manually changed it to read my heart rate and it started again, the second time it appears to have stopped measuring for 5 minutes and started back up again. All in all a vast improvement. Huge infact!!

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

0 Likes
Tb1x
Journeyman
Options

Is it the Samsung health app on the phone or on the watch that solve the problem? Because here in Sweden there still is problem 

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

0 Likes
DrgFly
Journeyman
Options

@GaryBrett , I'm trying to figure out what the fix was too. I started using the AOD option in setting on my watch when i work out. That helped but it does still sometimes give me the -- HR sign when it stops reading my HR during a workout. The only way I have found to help this is to constantly flip my wrist to kind of stop it from, what i think you call flatlining. basically it freezes you HR where ever it was. The upgrad that you are calling OneUI, I can't seem to find that in the Play store on my Samsung Note 9. When I look at the HR widget I do not see 'AVG Resting HR' as you mention below. 

From some of your other posts I was trying to find which watch face you were using, thought maybe that would help? When i use the AOD option while working out it still reverts back to the time. If i allow the time to show too long with out flipping my wrist up (which having to constatly think about takes away from my workout) the HR will freeze. 

I went into the Galaxy Wearable app on my phone and checked for updates and it tells me i'm completely up to date. I'm in the US are you ? is that maybe why ?

Like i said before I know my HR monitor works perfectly it's ONLY when working out that it's a problem. Its driving me crazy to know the hardware is good but this is clearly a software issue. Any direction would be great, thank you

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@DrgFly - I'm in the UK using Galaxy Watch 46mm, currently using a copy of the Active Watchface, image below.

Check the screenshots below to see if you have any  of these and firmware number I've posted?

I never use AOD, HR always set to always and use Circuit Training as my workout option.

You wont find OneUI in play store, its installed via Wareable App..

Active watchface, HR updates every second all dayActive watchface, HR updates every second all day

Software Version after OneUISoftware Version after OneUI

Average HR now on HR widget since OneUIAverage HR now on HR widget since OneUI

Daily Goals added since OneUIDaily Goals added since OneUI

DrgFly
Journeyman
Options

@GaryBrett  Thank you for taking the time to post those screen Shots. I'm posting some too. Our software seems to be different but that may be because we are in different countries. What I did realize is I can never find my Resting HR. Well it seems that function isn't active. So I will now search how to activate it. You will see from the screenshot it's somewhat grayed out. I tried to click it and it doesn't do anything. Maybe I should call Samsung support. Not sure. Did you ever have this issue?

Also there are like 100's of Active Watch faces, lOL i couldn't find one that looks like yours but I'll keep looking. Maybe i have to be using an active watch face for the resting HR to be active? Not sure but I'll try everything. 

daily goalsdaily goalsGW current softwareGW current softwaregrayed out resting rangegrayed out resting rangeHR Widget once i click itHR Widget once i click itHR widgetHR widget

0 Likes