Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch not measuring Heart rate

(Topic created on: 01-06-2019 09:58 AM)
M1ch3ll3
Apprentice
Options

I have the new Galaxy watch, received on 7th September and after 1 recorded exercise the heart rate monitor is flatlining after 10 minutes. 

First walk

Screenshot_20180913-113612_Samsung Health.jpg

First run below

Screenshot_20180913-113603_Samsung Health.jpg

Second recorded walk

Screenshot_20180913-113553_Samsung Health.jpg

I am annoyed as I want to keep track of my heart rate during exercise. I also wonder if this effects the calories burned if it cannot record the heart rate correctly. 

This appears to be a common theme for Samsung watches as my husbands S3 did the same, purchased Sept 2017, at the beginning of the year. 

433 REPLIES 433
lisafox16
Voyager
Options
Always wear mine a couple of finger widths from the wrist bone (which is what optical heart rate monitor manufacturers recommend) and tight. It lost heart rate again today whilst washing up in the kitchen. It had stopped for 30 minutes without me knowing. It's certainly not as bad as it was but still not perfect.
0 Likes
dee05
First Poster
Options

Mine  had stopeed flickering last week after a swim done on a low battery. i reeboted, then formated  the gear and did all the updates... now it flickers but it doesnt measure the HR.

Does anyone has a trick for this? read most of the reviews but looks like its a luck thing...

0 Likes
Steve49875
First Poster
Options
The new update has not fixed my hr sensor, 2 hour cycle today, hr stopped after 10 minutes and flatline, about time samsung software team sorted this as they will end up with people moving to a brand that works and cares about their customers
0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

@GaryBrett , @lisafox16 

Any news regarding HR readings during Workouts?

Still in doubt if I should give a new try....

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@AndreiV - Still all very good on my side, all workouts pretty much accurate, these are quite vigorous workouts with weights, rowing, HIIT all stuff that previously failed miserably.

Daily auto tracked walks also perfect and resting HR great.

Screenshot_20190605-192144_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20190605-192250_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20190605-192159_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

@GaryBrett  that's impressive

I've looked back in my previous recorded Workouts and indeed I don't see only flat lines but good readings. What was concerning me was the freezing which could happen without a pattern and never recovering from ...

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@AndreiV - yes it's all good at the moment. Previously during workouts I'd look down and the HR icon was flashing blank, I had to reboot watch to get it back which wasn't great, used to only read 15/20% over 60 minutes.

More noticeably I can now see all day the HR is reading each second, it used to get stuck saying 90bpm 20 minutes ago for example, none if that is happening now.

All in all for me its massively improved and is what it always should have been. I cant say for sure but I'm wondering if they took note of Gear Tracker and coded it to restart the HR sensor on failure.

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

@AndreiV - Forgot to say on auto tracked workouts now, it reverts back to the watch face rather than the workout screen, maybe that's part of the fix?

0 Likes
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options
 - Forgot to say on auto tracked workouts now, it reverts back to the watch face rather than the workout screen, maybe that's part of the fix?
0 Likes
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

What do you mean, taking about that Brisk Walking screen?

0 Likes