Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch not auto detecting exercise

(Topic created on: 06-07-2019 08:30 AM)
Bernardo5
Pioneer
Options

While I have the auto detect settings turned on on the watch it doesn't work. I checked the Health App and the auto detect is greyed out as it says the watch isn't connected, but it is? Any ideas? Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Joejoe338
First Poster
Options

I've had the same problem. This is how I solved it, or kind of solved it. From your phone, disconnect your watch from your phone by turning off the blue tooth. Now you'll notice that you can change the setting the Health app on the phone. The feature on the phone will gray out again when you reconnect it to your watch.

Flecha
First Poster
Options
This worked.... thank you
0 Likes
Nig3l
Journeyman
Options
It would seem that if a watch is connected it overrides the settings on the phone and grey's out the auto detect. As soon as the watch is out of range, if your charging etc the button becomes active. You can test this by disconnecting the phone by switching bluetooth off. It seems a sensible choice by Samsung that a watch is connected then it makes the choice on auto detect if it's not the phone will. Good luck Nig3l
0 Likes
Alkassim
First Poster
Options

Hi guys,

I've been having the problem here for quite sometime with my Galaxy Watch. Workouts are not being detected automatically as it used to. I have already reset the the watch to factory settings with no success. Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

0 Likes
Blackmore1
Apprentice
Options

FYI for anyone who is having this issue while cycling, Watch 4 and Watch 4 Classic do not support auto-detect for cycling. For whatever reason this feature was removed from the Watch 4 lineup...😤

0 Likes
rogeliorulo
First Poster
Options

This problem comes from updates to the app that automatically occur.

The updates are not properly vetted before being distributed and this is the result.  I have found the same problem with updates to other apps and have disabled automatic updates on my phone for this reason.

0 Likes
TonyJB
Journeyman
Options

WARNING ! My Galaxy 4 watch refuses to reconnect to the phone if I switch off Bluetooth until the Watch has been completely reset and all data lost. What sort of rubbish is this ?  Really starting to go off Samsung equipment big time now. 

0 Likes