Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch: New BP/ECG Update in the UK only works Galaxy Phones

(Topic created on: 22-02-2021 01:31 PM)
Wightknight
Explorer
Options

Please be aware that If you have a non-Galaxy phone, the new widgets will not install on your watch and you will not get the Health Monitoring app.

This is not made clear anywhere on the Samsung UK website. In fact it states: "Gets along with other devices. Galaxy Watch3 is compatible and can easily connect with a range of Galaxy and non-Galaxy devices."

The reference to Galaxy phones is hidden on the global website in one of the many footnotes.

I think there are many who have been eagerly anticipating this new functionality who will be disappointed.

I cannot think of any technical reason why this functionality would be restricted to Galaxy phones. It is clearly a choice that Samsung has made that favours those customers with Galaxy phones.

Surely Samsung values all of its customers who have invested in Galaxy Watches. We need to help Samsung see that it is alienating a significant number of customers who have chosen other phones. 

What is the best way to bring this issue to their attention?

4 REPLIES 4
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I feel for you, I really do but you're wasting your time. Samsung won't sit up and take notice, they are already  copying Apple as it is and so things will probably get worse.

My next phone probably won't be a Samsung as their S20 and S21 series phones have been plagued with issues and that's the reason i'm still using my S10+! If the Pixel range of phones had dual sim capabilities I would switch to that range of phone but it doesn't and so I can't. 😕

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Barb6374
Apprentice
Options

Hi , gutted it cant be on my poco x3 phone , do you mind me asking , do you know which samsung phones are compatable please

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Any of the Galaxy range.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
howard smith
Student
Options

This is a very poor reflection on Samsung. 

My experience was that having bought the watch for the specific Blood Pressure and ECG i knew that i would have to wait for approval from the medical authorities. So i was really pleased when the latest update for the watch included the new features.

I had a problem getting the apps onto the watch so i spoke the tech support who were very helpful and took me through all the steps. They concluded that there was a problem with the software on the watch. IT was arranged for the watch to go back and they had it for ten days. It was returned but it became clear that the same problem existed. I spent three hours on the phone to six different people and it became clear that they were not aware of this issue for non-Samsumg phones.  Nearly all were sympathetic and thought that i should be able to return the watch for a refund.

I am in correspondence on this issue and will update when i learn more.