Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch music app says "connect to phone" when phone is connected.

(Topic created on: 16-06-2022 11:04 PM)
ha5
Apprentice
Options

As per the above. 

Watch is on latest tizen 4.0.0.1

Phone is Nokia 8 with Android 8.1.0

Everything works and syncs fine.

But the music app - displays the "artist image" for the song playing (in amazon music or any other music app on the phone).. but does not allow me to pause, play, skip track... and has a permanent "connect to phone" under the controls... which of course cannot connect (despite the watch being obviously connected).

22 REPLIES 22
rutgerkra
Student
Options

I've had contact with Samsung support. They told me that they can only guarantee complete functionality for Samsung phones, so they  couldn't help me with my Nokia.

0 Likes
Marco596
Student
Options

Just got my Galaxy Watch 3, worked the first day about before I updated the stock app, then after that no longer wants to connect. The Spotify app also randomly has issues with remote vs standalone, but pretty sure that's a Spotify issue.

Not sure why Samsung doesn't want to fix it since Nokia is just stock Android, would apply to pretty much all phones if they get it right, a bit insane that years later this is still an issue.

Nokia 7 Plus, Android 10.

That said, I will be getting a new phone around Feb, just annoying that it's one of the main reasons I got it, so I can hike without pulling my phone out of my bag.

Also can't hit reply/text or anything on any of my apps, best I can do is show on phone.

0 Likes
artdolya
First Poster
Options

Nokia x20, android 12 still unable to upload music 😞

0 Likes