Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch Inactivity Time reminders

(Topic created on: 02-12-2019 09:34 PM)
GaryBrett
Voyager
Options

Hi there, after updating to V6 of samsung health my inacticy reminders have stopped, they are enabled on the watch but in Samsung Health the option is now greyed out as below, any ideas?

sh.jpg

65 REPLIES 65
Arya1999
Pioneer
Options

I also installed the old version of Health to get the reminders on my S8. But now I've changed to an S10 and it doesn't allow me to install it.

0 Likes
KataraLynn
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the S8 and just got the Samsung Galaxy Active 2 Watch.

To remove the reminders telling me to move I did the following on the watch:

Settings

Watch faces

Ongoing icons

~Switch to off

*if you click on "position" it showed me the same spot that i was seeing the little running show

0 Likes
Shewolf0316
First Poster
Options

Imbhaving the same problem. Alerts are activated, I have them scheduled, but I dont get the alert. I only see it if I actually remember to check my drop down menu on my watch and see the icon. I need my vibration mode to work or I forget to get up and move when at work or home.

0 Likes
red_5ive
Student
Options

Has anyone found a solution? My Galaxy Smart Watch received an update 3 weeks ago, and ever since then my inactivity reminders have stopped. I have verified multiple times that the notification is enabled and that the schedule set. I've tried everything I can think of and also reset the watch and still nothing. Aggravating considering this was one of the main reasons why I bought the watch in the first place.

0 Likes
red_5ive
Student
Options

^^So I found a solution/workaround that is working for me. In addition to the inactivity monitor not working since the last update (about 3 weeks ago as of this posting), I also noticed that the blinking green sensor light was also no longer blinking. So I decided to turn on the continuous heart rate monitor to see if it would activate the the blinking green sensor light. Sure enough it did, and I'm now getting inactivity notifications again.

I would guess the not-blinking sensor is the source of the issue as maybe the inactivity monitor is no longer activating the sensor, as it was otherwise always blinking for me before this problem started. That is purely a guess on my part, but it makes me wonder if that is true, then maybe anything else that keeps the sensor active will also do the trick.

Since I'm somewhat of a fitness nut, the continuous  heart rate monitor works for me. You can do this by going to: Samsung Health > Scroll down and tap heart rate monitor > Scroll down and tap the settings COG > Tap "measure continuously" .

kiteflier98
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much for this! I had completely forgotten where these settings are kept.

0 Likes