Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Heart Rate issues

(Topic created on: 25-06-2020 07:26 AM)
Setzer
Apprentice
Options

So I got the 46mm Galaxy Watch a couple of weeks ago and I like pretty much everything about it except for the heart rate sensor. I was using a FitBit Charge 2 previously and it did a pretty good job of tracking heart rate and giving me the info I needed but I wanted more in a watch so that's why I switched to the Galaxy Watch. Well so far I've had issues where the heart on the Galaxy watch will be inaccurate....it will show my HR as being like 90-120 or something when it's actually 50 something(I take my pulse manually). Sometimes it will lock up and stop reading my heart rate and I'll have to reset it. I have it set to continuously monitor my heart rate because I was hoping to get similar data that my FitBit was giving me.

So far I've done 3 full resets of the watch and tried changing settings like turning off the power save feature on the heart rate sensor. Still have issues. It doesn't do it all the time....some days it does just fine and I have no issues so it's not something where I want to return it because it doesn't work all the time it's just annoying when it glitches. Also when it syncs the heart rate data to the Samsung Health app on my phone it usually never imports the data correctly which I don't know what's going on. Like today for instance, my watch shows my HR range of 47-120 with a resting heart rate of 51. In the Samsung Health app it shows 31-120 with a 56 resting heart rate. So, it's like which data is accurate here? On the graph on my watch it shows my HR never going above 85 today and never going below 45....yet its telling me my HR max today was 120 and my low was 31 on the app? Can someone explain this to me or is it a bug or is the heart rate sensor on this watch garbage?

14 REPLIES 14
k-lea
Journeyman
Options
Mine is doing exactly this! Watch shows my range today as 42 - 151 and the app shows it as 35 - 151... I don't understand how there can be a discrepancy. And now, after reading heaps of posts, I'm not holding my breath on a reply or a fix from Samsung.. So frustrating!
Setzer
Apprentice
Options

Maybe someone from Samsung can explain how these numbers are accurate.....Screenshot_20200309-133342_Samsung Health.jpg

20200309_133025.jpg

stephenkohn
Student
Options

try turning the watch so that the back of the watch is on the inside of your arm, closer to the veins and arteries. After trying for two years by keeping it on the other side of my arm, this approach seems to be working.

Rudolf Durco
Student
Options

I have exactly same problem and Samsung is not helping at all. The heart rate sensor on this watch is really garbage!

Rudolf Durco
Student
Options

I guess I will return my Galaxy Watch 3 but before I gonna make pretty bad review and put it on YouTube.

sucan
First Poster
Options

I have exactly same problem. My watch was replaced last year without any result. Those are some of my results - happen every day during driving or just sitting. Very disappointing.1.jpeg2.jpeg3.jpeg4.jpeg

Bainsy
Student
Options
I've been experiencing issues in a similar way for months. I bought the watch back in February and the heart rate monitor tracked pretty well to start with but over time it's dropping out more and more to the extent that on a recent ride it tracked pretty much nothing over an hour. I've contacted support who at fist seem understanding and want to get it fixed so it's has been on for repair twice. The first time they swapped out the sensor (apparently) and the second time it came back with no fault identified! It's so frustrating that I've spent good money on this watch and this is one of the main features for me. I've changed the positioning, changed the tightness but nothing helps. What a load of rubbish!
Arghhhraghorhn
Apprentice
Options

Hi

same issue here, after upgrading to the latest firmware R825USQU1CUD1 the Galaxy Watch Active 2 is totally a mess: they do show realistic numbers for heart rate in the beginning of walking session (say 88) but as I walk in a relaxed manner on horizontal road it climbs up and reaches 134 at the end of 1 hour session! Mean while my A. watches on my other hand shows just below 100. I also checked this with Polar H10 HRM and it coincides with the A. watch completely.

The S. Watch was showing HeartRate more or less correct on the previous firmware. So just updating to a newer firmware ruined the experience!

spickle81
Apprentice
Options

For 300dollars and a 1year warranty should have thrown red flags. I got my Active 2 in Aug of 2020, and been experiencing this issue. When exercising the heart rate monitor will not get above 100BPM. But my heart rate is around 150BPM.  I just got off the phone with someone at Samsung, and he said its just went out of warranty and I would need to put a minimum of 90.00$ down to have them look at it. If the sensor is bad and needs to be replaced It would be more. Do they realize the active2 is dated now since two new watches have came out? I'm not spending anymore on this POS watch. I'm switch to apple.

They lost a loyal customer, but this experience really left a bad taste in my mouth.