Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch - google assistant

(Topic created on: 06-02-2019 03:15 PM)
GizmoMKD
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I want to use google assistant on Galaxy Watch but it seems like it's not supported? can we get it in a future update please?

60 REPLIES 60
NiRo_O
Apprentice
Options
Matallana
First Poster
Options

@GizmoMKD wrote:

Hi,

I want to use google assistant on Galaxy Watch but it seems like it's not supported? can we get it in a future update please?

@GizmoMKD wrote:

Hi,

bYURIful
First Poster
Options
Is there any chance Google assistant will be available for the Galaxy watch this year?
Bbally
Explorer
Options

@bYURIful wrote:
Is there any chance Google assistant will be available for the Galaxy watch this year?

Not a chance .... the Korean mind is a terrible thing!

StarLeon
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. I realy like my samsung watch, but it is underutalized when Bixby is *****. Dont these koreans test and validate services and product before launch?? Bixby is a Alpha development, not something near marked/production ready!

Missing google assistant ang google maps. Samsung must open up for users to choose what AI voice bot they want, and make the tizan plattform more freadly for 3-party apps.

Sebbis
First Poster
Options

This is why people buy Apple products. I mean come on. 

Was using Samsung phone for many years, then switched to iPhone and got an Apple watch. Worked SO nice together. 

Came back to Samsung with the S10+ and had to get myself a Galaxy Watch. So far I'm extremely unimpressed. Missing the assistant is a huge thing. I can go as far as calling it a dealbreaker for many people. Galaxy phone + Galaxy watch should work seamlessly together.

All the android people making fun of Apple people, saying we're stupid that buy an overpriced product. Well.. THIS IS WHY! Apple products work together with eachother. Here we have to make a pedition just to have the galaxy watch assistant work with the phone assistant. Yea, good job. 

Snarfle
First Poster
Options

Isn't it possible to setup Google assistant to use SVoice as the trigger?

San_
First Poster
Options
I mean, they obviously don't want to promote a competitor's app, but instead promote their own, hence Bixby is also standard on Samsung phones.

I personally got a Huawei phone, so I just use Google Assistant regardless, since Huawei doesn't have their own terrible take on a PA like Samsung does, so I can't even use Bixby reliably because it doesn't work with my phone, because it doesn't have it.

As said above, the most simple of commands are screwed up by Bixby, all the while it is being laggy too.

I'm fine with them having the Bixby app standard on the watch, but for the love of gods allow the Google Assistant app on the Galaxy store.
0 Likes
Dilyana
First Poster
Options

Hey guys,

Same here.. this is ridiculous, I'm using my watch less and less because of Bixby who most of the time has 0 idea what am I asking her to do.. it's sad that it's supposed to be a smart watch and I'm using it like a regular one. Bixby laggs so much, constantly says it cannot connect and also when I'm texting I have to speak slowly and  enunciate like I'm talking to the first voice assistant ever! I just reach for my phone and use Google Assistant.. So disappointed, I wish I could return the watch. 

Bbally
Explorer
Options

No doubt it is a step on the end of their pecker moment for Samsung.  Hope the get assistant set up for the watch in short order!

0 Likes