Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch - google assistant

(Topic created on: 30-12-2018 05:44 AM)
GizmoMKD
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I want to use google assistant on Galaxy Watch but it seems like it's not supported? can we get it in a future update please?

60 REPLIES 60
AndrewL
Options
@GizmoMKD: While Google Assistant is not available on the Galaxy Watch, you may wish to utilise S Voice via the apps screen for a range of voice command options. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.
GizmoMKD
Pioneer
Options
will it be available soon? where we can request a feature like that?
AndrewL
Options
If you have the SmartThings app installed on your Galaxy Watch then I believe you may be able to connect to Google Assistant. To find out more please check the following link: https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-gb/articles/214837343-How-to-connect-Google-Assistant-with-Sma....
GizmoMKD
Pioneer
Options
i think the links explains how to connect to google home hub or smart house. i need the assistant as i have it on my S9+. i say google call my friend and it's done. i want that from Galaxy Watch too instead default bixby...
Bbally
Explorer
Options

Bixby sucks. It is S Voice named something even dumber   how about you let Tizen run assistant and give up the fallacy of  Bixby being useable

Bbally
Explorer
Options

Bixby sucks. It is S Voice named something even dumber   how about you let Tizen run assistant and give up the fallacy of  Bixby being useable

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

My opinion is that Bixby feels somewhat unpolished and in Beta !

Just my personal look on this.

So even on my Note 9 I only use Google Assistant when needed.

I also have Google Assistant chosen on my Bose Wireless Bluetooth Headphones over Bixby.

Having this assistant on the watch sounds simple enough but it may not be so simple in applying it to the watches system and files.

That said Samsung know people want options like this.

Maybe the Samsung Community Team could add this to the Community-Feedback thread ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

gfmucci
First Poster
Options

Here are the results of a simple command between using Bixby and using Google Assistant:

Bixby: 

Question:  What is the weather in Brevard, North Carolina?

It hears:  What is the weather in Brevar North Carolina?  (Note the missing "d" in Brevard, no matter how many times I emphasize the "d" and using the training phrases in the app.)

It responds with:  The weather in Raleigh, NC.

Google Assistant:

Question:  What is the weather in Brevard, North Carolina?

It hears:  What is the weather in Brevard North Carolina?

It responds with: "It looks kind of cloudy."  It gives the temperature and forecast for Brevard, North Carolina.

Which will come first:

A decent upgrade to Bixby so it works well?

or

Apps that allow use of Google Assistant or Alexa on the Galaxy watch?

Here is a start for Alexa, but not full implementation yet:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aktuna.gear.alexa

DvdEnde
Explorer
Options

I tried to use Bixby on my new Galaxy watch but is is not really functioning. I use Google asssistant on my Samsung S6 and it works always great. 

Please let the owners of the fantastic Galaxy watches make their own choice about which voice assistants want to use. Please help us with this issue!!!