Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch/Gear smartwatches - How do you submit an Error Report?

(Topic created on: 07-10-2018 11:39 PM)
AntS
Options

Hi all. 

For anyone experiencing issues with Steps Tracking, Heart Rate monitoring or any other unusual behaviour in your watch or it's activity tracking, you can send diagnostic info directly to our software team for them to more closely investigate what's going on for you. (The data is anonymised, and only held for the duration of the investigation of the report.)

• On the watch, make sure that Settings > About Gear > Report Diagnostics >  Toggle On

• As soon as you experience the issue (or within 15 minutes of it happening), on your phone, launch Galaxy Wearable App’ > More (3 dots) > Contact us > Error Reports > Input Symptoms > SEND

M_error_reporting01.jpg           M_error_reporting02.jpg            M_error_reporting03.jpg

Edit (adding steps on how to do this for a Galaxy Watch Active 2):

For a Galaxy Watch Active 2: Settings > About watch > Legal Information, and there should be an option to automatically send the device's diagnostic and usage info you can set in there.

Should also be in Galaxy Wearable > Home > About watch > Legal Information.

Also, this gives a step-by-step guide on how to submit an error report for a Wearable from then on: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-send-an-error-report/ 

17 REPLIES 17
AndreiV
Navigator
Options

SmartSelect_20180930-172813_Samsung Health.jpg

Is a hardware problem or it will be fixed with a new update?

Otherwise I'm returning the watch as I'm tired to restart it several times every day

Samward
First Poster
Options
Three weeks of reporting constant errors re steps/floors/sleeping etc and still no resolution. I may return and just get the fitbit I wanted.....
CalinB
Student
Options

This week we finally had the the first update here in UK. 

It seems to have improved a bit the step count. It does count now... sometimes ... when you do a few steps at a time around the house. It still looses way more steps then s3. It seems, in my case at least, that when the watch switches from AOD to active screen sometimes the step count gets frozen for a few seconds. When it unfreeze it does add a few of the "lost" steps, but not all.

Heart rate wit always on seems to work better in passive mode, still ***** when tracking walking, running, etc... 

Sleep tracking seems better, duration wise. It is still not showing deep/motionless stages... showed once 8 minutes out of a 4 hr sleep.. And that's it.

Location locking on workouts still takes forever. 

Altimeter still useless. 

Guess I'll wait one more patch before returning the watch

Toby4
Apprentice
Options

I've made a seperate post on this specific problem. But is there a way to improve the accuracy of the gps? It's truly out of control. This is on a MTB.Screenshot_20181012-212616_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20181012-212628_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
Lurchy
First Poster
Options

I think after reading all the below unhappiness I will just just return my galaxy watch..

The whole point of this was to monitor heartbeat etc while exercising and the heart rate is just stuck at 105bpm and has been for 2 days.. i am absolutely fuming angry with this and it looks like samsung is as bad as updating this as they are at updating my galaxy s8+.. 

Does anybody know samsungs direct complaint route because the watch is not fit for the purpose it is marketed for

Toby4
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20181015-210814_Samsung Health.jpg

Spot on.......

0 Likes
masi0
First Poster
Options
Thanks. I have already submited issue regarding altimeter accuracy. How you fix it soon
0 Likes
RANIMITA
Student
Options

@CalinB wrote:

Why are you surprised about this, they were unable to copy/paste the sensor firmware from s3 to galaxy watch. They pretty much named the galaxy watch os tizen 4 so it would have an extra feature altho is identical to tizen 3 released this year...

Right now I have both gear s3 an galaxy watch on my wrists as I'm doing some tests. 

S3 has 18700+ steps galaxy has 16000, an this is due to doing 2 long walks. If there would have been lots and starts and stops like moving around an office the gap would have been way larger.

The sleep tracking on galaxy is a joke, 2 days ago I found it trackingy sleep an hour after I've awaken....it doesn't work properly with hr always on or frequent. 

Location takes a couple of minutes, if not more, to lock on with running app active.

HR monitor takes breaks whenever it wants... 

Altimeter is even more useless then on gear s3... Never thought that would be possible...

Lately I see the watch waking up from time to time even without moving it. This goes on even while on the Samsungs duo charger. Sometimes is more frequent sometimes rarely happens. A factory reset helped for 2 days...

What freakin report would I send to describe this?.... 

Rant over lol

The heart rate monitor issue has been well reported going back to January of this year.  Why has Samsung done nothing to solve this software issue?  The issue affects multiple wearables and is global and has been very well documented on this and other forums.  I am extremely disappointed to have spent the money I did to purchase a device that is so poorly supported.