Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy watch firmware

(Topic created on: 13-06-2020 04:24 PM)
Stupot_HB
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I've just purchased a Galaxy Watch (BT) and expected a software update on setup but none happened. Watch details: -

Model : SM-R800

Tizen version : 4.0.0.0

Software : R800XXU1ARH3

I've run "Watch software update" on the Wearable app numerous times but it always says the watch is 'up to date'.  My concern is that it appears from searching online that I am missing security updates as well as feature updates.

Could anyone let me know if I am indeed behind the curve?

Thanks 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Stupot_HB: Software variances exist in our devices from region to region, therefore if your watch was intended for the Romanian market then it won't be compatible with software updates in the UK. It's not possible to change the region of the device to address this, therefore you may wish to reach out to Amazon to enquire about obtaining a refund or replacement, especially if it was advertised as a UK model.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@Stupot_HB: Do you have a mobile phone that you can connect to via the Galaxy Wearables app? If so, establish the connection by opening the Wearables app and clicking on Start the Journey and, once complete, go to About Watch > Update Watch Software.

Where did you purchase the Galaxy Watch from? Please be advised that if the device was not intended for use in your current region, then this can lead to compatibility issues with software updates.
Stupot_HB
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andrew, thanks for reply.

I have the Wearables app on my Samsung S10+ and it says the watch software is up-to-date.

I bought it from Amazon but now learn that it was Romanian boxed (UK version sticker put over the top).

Do you know why would this stop the phone updating?

Can I use SDB to re-register as a UK watch?

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Stupot_HB: Software variances exist in our devices from region to region, therefore if your watch was intended for the Romanian market then it won't be compatible with software updates in the UK. It's not possible to change the region of the device to address this, therefore you may wish to reach out to Amazon to enquire about obtaining a refund or replacement, especially if it was advertised as a UK model.