Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch disconnecting?

(Topic created on: 27-03-2021 10:22 AM)
Tara88
First Poster
Options
Hiya

My Samsung galaxy watch had an update the other day via the wearables app, which I did but since the update its constantly disconnecting from my phone (ultra s21). I used to be able to go all round my house and it never disconnected now I only have to go 12ft from the phone and it disconnects? Any ideas to resolve this at all? I bought the watch so I knew of any calls etc while at work which I could go all round my work place and it stays connected, but if its just going to disconnect now since the update then it's useless.

Thanks

Tara
3 REPLIES 3
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I thought thats how the Bluetooth worked? Limited range. None of my BT devices can go more than 1 room away from the connected device.

However, I have no idea if I dreamt this but I have calls and texts on in my phones notifications area and my watch is on wifi auto and I'm sure I was getting updates on my watch at the other end of my house. I know my phone when connected to my laptop through the 'my phone companion' app for Windows will allow me access to my phone just by being on the same wifi network and no Bluetooth on, or at least recurve notifications. Could be related issue but ultimately I'm not sure.
0 Likes
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

More than a room away the bluetooth will not work and your watch needs to connect to the phone via WiFi or mobile network which means both the watch and phone have to be connected to a network.

0 Likes
martinborda
Student
Options

I'm having a similar problem. I bought a new A31, and my Galaxy Fit2 (that worked well with my J6) when I disconnect once (because I came out of range or when I go to sleep ), afterwards it starts to reconnect and disconnect. I have to disconnect it completely from the phone and reconnect as the initial setup. I have the last firmware for the watch.

0 Likes