Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch disconnecting and draining battery

(Topic created on: 25-08-2020 01:37 PM)
AGC06
Student
Options

I have a 42mm galaxy watch and an S10. Everything has been fine for 8 months, now all of a sudden the watch keeps disconnecting and the battery drains to 0% after 8 hours.

Has anyone had this problem because its starting to really annoy me and thinking I should switch back to apple.

15 REPLIES 15
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @AGC06 

Can you let the watch battery run down to below 50% from a full charge and then send us a screenshot of the battery usage? You can find this by heading into: Samsung Galaxy Wearable app > Settings > About Watch > Battery.

In regard to the connectivity, have you made any change recently on the phone or watch, and are all the apps (especially the Samsung Galaxy Wearable app) and the software of both devices up to date? 

0 Likes
AGC06
Student
Options

I have managed to charge my watch through the wireless charge from the phone. I have attached the image of the battery usage from today. 

I havent changed anything, all apps and software are up to date. Nothing has changed at all which is why it is annoying. 

Even now, I charged the watch to 36%, and writing this reply it is already down to 25%

Screenshot_20200819-155345_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.jpg

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

This all looks fine. Do you have the watch feature set to "always on"? As this can use more battery. You can disable this by heading to Home button > Settings > Watch faces > Choose switch next to "watch always on". Also, if all your notifications are being sent to your watch, this can also dry battery, you can manage which notifications are being sent to your watch on your phone by going to Galaxy Wearable app > Settings > Notifications > Manage notifications. If this still doesn't help, then a Master Reset may be required. After you back up your data, you can do it via Samsung Wearable app > Find my watch > Reset security > Reset. If the battery still drains fast, then it would be best to have the watch checked by an engineer with a Pick-up repair or bi visiting a Support Centre.

0 Likes
Moiitje
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Some third party watch faces drain the battery. Try switching that to a default one to see if that makes any difference.

0 Likes
NX1977
Explorer
Options

I am having the same issue since 14th August 

Jerome_ds
First Poster
Options

I have also been having this issue, is there a solution?

mistermoravec
First Poster
Options

Me too. I went from 100 to 15 percent today in less than 5 hours. I used to get 4 full days before I got to 15 percent.

0 Likes
Cjenk
Journeyman
Options

I too have a 42mm galaxy watch and an S10. I'm also suddenly getting the same ridiculous battery drain. I've changed nothing on my phone or watch recently. The only changes have been updates from Samsung. Logic dictates therefore that Samsung have caused the problem. When are Samsung going to fix the problem. And while they're at it, maybe they should hire software developers who know what they're doing! This problem seems to occur with every update.

0 Likes
NX1977
Explorer
Options

I believed I had solved the issue by disabling WiFi (was on auto) as I was again managing 4 days between charges and had managed 4 cycles without issues. 

But the wearable android update last night caused 50% to 10% drain overnight, and said it couldn't see the watch despite being connected to my S9 by Bluetooth. 

0 Likes