Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch default watch face not showing weather info

(Topic created on: 13-09-2018 03:14 PM)
Beem
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

My new Galaxy Watch (42mm) isn't showing the weather info correctly on the default watch face. It doesn't show any info or temperature. When I click the weather icon on the default face it keeps saying I should set a location, even though I've done this (I have location tracking turned off). The weather app and widget work just fine and show the weather info for my town so I'd expect the weather thingy on the watch face to use the same data. But apparently it doesn't, or can't access it?

I found this thread: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Smartphones-Tablets-Wearables/Dashboard-Watchface-temperature-no...

But I'm not missing any app updates, I checked the Samsung Apps update menu and there's nothing there.

Any ideas how I might fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
JK2017
Pathfinder
Options

Does it work if you turn on location? (FYI, location doesn't seem to use up much battery)

Solution
Beem
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for your reply! I did some further testing and figured it out. Apparently you have to set your "current location" in the Weather app and have the location services of your phone turned on. Then it does show the weather info on the watch face. I figured it wouldn't need this since the Weather widget doesn't either, but it seems like the watch face thingy only uses the current location instead of preset locations.

So you were right. Location needs to be turned on, on the phone. 

Jimed756
First Poster
Options

My watch did the same thing. It was stuck on a town I was nowhere near. I fixed it by going to the home screen on my phone, then go to Settings, Connections, Location (may be at the bottom of the screen) , and turning it on (mine was off).  It took about a minute for the watch to start displaying local weather. There are selections to improve accuracy: Wi-Fi scanning and Bluetooth scanning. I have both turned on for the time being to see how it affects battery life.

Good luck!

0 Likes
LJW
First Poster
Options

I have tried all of the fixes and ithe weather still doesn't show. 

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Bigack66
First Poster
Options

I don't understand i think I have everything turned on and still no wether on my watch screen please help

0 Likes
AC62
First Poster
Options

Mine had the same issue and I just reset the watch and backed it up from my phone then it worked.

0 Likes