Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch classic notifications - no sound or vibration

(Topic created on: 09-09-2021 11:39 PM)
RegP
Navigator
Options

Still having notification issues after a week 😔 iv done every troubleshoot known to man and reset the watch twice, i receive notifications with the orange dot but no sound or vibration. Sooo frustrating!! iv read people are saying it doesnt work on tattooed wrists, surely this cant be an issue!! 

14 REPLIES 14
AndrewL
Options

@RegP: Tattoos can affect the watch's ability to take some measurements such as Blood Pressure Monitoring, but shouldn't affect your notification options. Have you tried heading to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Notification Vibration, and selecting an option from here? Alternatively, if you have the device connected to a mobile phone via the Galaxy Wearables app, head to Watch Settings > Sound and Vibration for further options. If Bedtime Mode and Theatre Mode are enabled in Settings > Advanced Features, then this will mute your notifications, so it's worth checking to ensure that the issue isn't stemming from these features. 

RegP
Navigator
Options
Done all that doesnt make a difference
0 Likes
RegP
Navigator
Options
Even when im not wearing the watch its still the same 🤬🤬🤬 should of stayed with apple
0 Likes
RegP
Navigator
Options
Wouldnt it be nice if samsung addressed the issue of notifications that alot of people seem to be having! Terrible service! Terrible watch! £350 for a watch that doesnt do what it should
0 Likes
Aragorn78
First Poster
Options

I, too, am having the same problem on the Watch4 Classic, paired with the S21 Ultra. In the Galaxy Wear app, Settings, Notifications, I have turned ON "Mute notifications on phone" (Notifications on your phone will be muted while you're wearing your watch"). That's what I did for my Gear S3 Frontier, paired with an S10+ (and before that S8+) for years. What's up, Samsung?

0 Likes
RegP
Navigator
Options
I jus tried that and it doesnt mute my phone, comes through with sound on the phone and the watch only shows the orange indicator as always!! 🤬🤬
0 Likes
Big_chief26
First Poster
Options

I have tattoos on left arm. I switched to my right arm with no tattos on wrist and can confirm it does work

0 Likes
RegP
Navigator
Options
Yea unfortunately i have 2 sleeves and hand tattoos 😏
0 Likes
Bobr1384
Pioneer
Options

Oh it's 100% an issue. I've had problems with the last 5 galaxy watches I've owned thanks to all my ink. EVERY other galaxy watch had a setting in the notifications that allowed notifications to come through your watch regarding of if it was being worn. Samsung/Google decided to take that option away from us on the GW4. Until they fix it with an update and give us the same available option we've always had, neither of my GW4 classic or GW4 will alert me to any notifications. My sleeved arms has the watch thinking I'm never wearing it. I've had 5 different friends with no tattoos try my watch on, and it instantly works perfect for them. Samsung, please give us back the option to allow notifications while the watch isn't being worn. Lots of tattooed loyal customers are patiently waiting and hoping you'll do the right thing.