Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch classic 4

(Topic created on: 27-11-2022 09:37 PM)
Dal75
Apprentice
Options
My watch updated midweek since then I've not been able to turn it on. I have charged it on two different wireless charger just in case it was that. I have tried holding the home button for 10's. Tried both buttons for 10's also tried the last processes on the charger too. 
Can anybody help? Anybody had the same issue?

11 REPLIES 11
kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@Dal75, You probably installed faulty update GVI3. There's no other way but go to the service center to fix your Watch.

We are aware that a limited number of Galaxy Watch4 series models are not turning on following a recent software (VI3) update. We have halted the update and will release new software shortly.

We recommend consumers who may have experienced this issue with their Galaxy Watch4 series to visit their nearest Samsung service center or call 1-800-Samsung.

Dal75
Apprentice
Options
Thank you
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Although this particular software update is not apparently affecting all watches I'm holding off updating my Watch⁴ Classic until the updated software is going to be pushed out.

As advised by Samsung in their Announcement in the Samsung Members App you'll now need to visit a Samsung Service Centre. 

Would you let us know how you get on with this @Dal75 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@BandOfBrothers, Actually Samsung pushed one more firmware after faulty GVI3. This one should be ok.

GVK4.png

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thank you very much @kamil40013 

I see that version was released on the 12th of October 22.

I'll take a look when I'm using the Watch⁴ Classic again 👍

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Erisis
Student
Options
I had the same, it's the last update that's the problem. When it runs out of battery it dies for good. Its a bug, I'm waiting for my refund or replacement, they are dragging their feet and making it difficult
0 Likes
DodgyDunk
First Poster
Options
My galaxy watch 4 bricked today following an update
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@DodgyDunk: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. Further to the reply above by @kamil40013, please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and reach out to our Help Desk via your preferred contact method, and an advisor will be able to arrange for the watch to be inspected and repaired by an authorised Samsung engineer. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

Members_9KLUYLk
Student
Options

The same has happened to my Galaxy Watch 4. Completely dead after V13 firmware update. When I contacted Samsung they told me it would be a chargeable repair as my watch was no longer under warranty. Which in my view is ludicrous, given it was their update that bricked my watch. Has anyone else faced this issue? I can't believe Samsung is not taking responsibility for applying faulty firmware and expecting customers to pay to put it right!

0 Likes