Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch calories don't vary in workout

(Topic created on: 08-10-2020 11:02 AM)
timbo3185
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have a Galaxy Watch and I am not happy with how it's been performing lately, for a while it was great, maybe it was since the update but only recently as a few weeks ago I noticed the issue.

I do HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) on a daily basis. And aside the the fact I'm annoyed at how samsung haven't integrated HIIT into the types of workout where Apple watch has all that stuff, in which case I have to choose "other workout" because it doesn't fall into any other category and "circuit training"  has no level of intensity to select from

The problem I'm facing is it does not matter if I workout at a low intensity or high intensity, the calories for my workouts are the same. Even if it doesn't detect my Heart rate which is another issue im not going to get into here. The reason I notice this is that I check my watch at the 30 minute mark of a workout at its always 312 calories! Which means 1 hour is 624 calories, there is zero variation. It's almost as if samsung decided to just count 10.4 calories per minute!

Does anyone else experience this problem?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Sarah1125
Apprentice
Options

Yes!!! When I use the “other workout” feature, I burn the same amount of calories, no matter what. Looks like I burn 20 calories every 5 minutes, no matter what. It drives me crazy. Not accurate at all. 

0 Likes
Daniel Ferreira
Student
Options

Same for me, 1h is always 352cals. I do CrossFit and use the option "other workout". How can we change it Samsung?

0 Likes