Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Calendar sync issue

(Topic created on: 03-10-2019 06:03 PM)
DutchGuyFrom81
Apprentice
Options

I have a galaxy watch and IPhone 8. Everything more-or-less works except the calendar of the watch doesn’t show any events.

I have restarted the galaxy watch a few times, connected and disconnected from the app and reinstalled the app on my phone. Which led to re-installing the watch. That day, after reinstalling,  the calendar did show events, also for the day after. But the next day it was empty again. Showing ‘no events today’ nothing for upcoming days either, and my iPhone calendar has several events. 

Anyone else experience this as well? 

Has someone found the cause and a possible solution?

14 REPLIES 14
calvinwiii
Student
Options

I have discovered it only syncs when it receives outlook mail. When it does sync, it syncs all accounts, but will not automaticly sync for email from other sources (Yahoo,  aol). I've solved the problem by switching from the preinstalled outlook mail back to the older Samsung mail client 

0 Likes
Sagun
Student
Options

NO SYNC !! NO matter what i do. Please help !

0 Likes
Sagun
Student
Options
It's working now! I added an event to my google calendar and synced from Samsung App in my Iphone 6splus then it showed all my events in my active watch.
0 Likes
nanx
First Poster
Options

(iphone xr with Samgsung Active Watch 2)

I have been using iCloud calendar subscription feature (to sync calendar events from outlook to icloud), and I sometimes experience:

1/ calendar on watch is not synced with iphone or only partially synced

2/ "myday" clock isn't synced with watch calendar events

Quick solution:

1/ open Galaxy Watch Active2 app on your phone and connect your phone with you watch via bluetooth 

2/ click settings on your iphone -> Apple ID -> iCloud -> uncheck Calendars sync (turn green slide button on the right to gray) -> it pops up "What would you like to do with the previously synced iCloud calendars on your iPhone" -> click Delete from My iPhone -> check Calendar sync (turn gray back to green)

3/ wait for a few seconds for the calendar events to come back to your phone calendar

4/ once your phone is in sync with iCloud, wait for a few seconds for the watch to receive these calendar events

Some thoughts:

I believe Active Watch 2 does some optimization for saving storage size, so it only pulls partial calendar events periodically (like some mentioned earlier, once every a few hours). And in case one of its sync-up got interrupted (turning off phone's bluetooth, watch being out of range, etc.), it'd be out of sync. An elegant solution would be to add a "sync" button either on watch or phone, but I guess Samsung eng is prioritizing some other works at this moment. So solution here would be to trigger a manual calendar sync

0 Likes
Kav79
First Poster
Options

Omg it works ! Thank u

0 Likes