Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Calendar sync issue

(Topic created on: 02-06-2019 10:43 AM)
DutchGuyFrom81
Apprentice
Options

I have a galaxy watch and IPhone 8. Everything more-or-less works except the calendar of the watch doesn’t show any events.

I have restarted the galaxy watch a few times, connected and disconnected from the app and reinstalled the app on my phone. Which led to re-installing the watch. That day, after reinstalling,  the calendar did show events, also for the day after. But the next day it was empty again. Showing ‘no events today’ nothing for upcoming days either, and my iPhone calendar has several events. 

Anyone else experience this as well? 

Has someone found the cause and a possible solution?

14 REPLIES 14
Solution
whoelse
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I had exactly the same issue except I have an iPhone X.

While I was writing this post the calendar entries just appeared, without doing anything special. I had the calendar app on the watch open for a couple of minutes while writing (first some google searching and then writing here, so it may have been more than a couple of minutes), maybe this helped.

0 Likes
DutchGuyFrom81
Apprentice
Options

@Whoelse: Thanks!  That indeed resolved my problem. 

I left my Calendar app open (1 hour or so, without doing anything with the watch) and all the events start showing-up. My calendar is quite full, possibly that was the issue. 

0 Likes
DutchGuyFrom81
Apprentice
Options

Strangely enough today again it shown 'No events today'... 

How about you? 

0 Likes
calvinwiii
Student
Options

Mine seems to sync fine. One big gripe though. Calender Dates for days events should be highlight, colored or something so the stand out. Seiping thru entries looking for ebent or a free day is unnecessary time consuming  particularly on a small watch face. Can't be hard  Third party apps do it. Please add to the future update list

0 Likes
calvinwiii
Student
Options

Mine seems to sync fine. One big gripe though. Calender Dates for days events should be highlight, colored or something so the stand out. Seiping thru entries looking for ebent or a free day is unnecessary time consuming  particularly on a small watch face. Can't be hard  Third party apps do it. Please add to the future update list

0 Likes
eabaci
Student
Options

Mine does not work no matter what I did. Calendar stops synicng after a while. Samsung does not have any solution either

xinta
First Poster
Options

Hi, I think that you need to turn on the Samsung Galaxy Watch app and let it open. Unfortunately, I found out that the battery goes rapidly down when the app is on.

0 Likes
lmunck
First Poster
Options

I'm writing a post here, since this is the accepted solution, but unfortunately my calendar didn't update as I was writing this while having the Samsung app and Calendar open and my watch connected.... Just checking again... nope. Sorry.

Any other suggestions out there?

0 Likes
xinta
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

this always works to me - open the Galaxy Watch app on your iphone and let it open for 1-2hours. As I wrote previously, after that I close the app because of the battery problem.

Please let me know if it helps you.

0 Likes