Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch battery drain since last update

(Topic created on: 06-08-2021 12:03 PM)
SW13
First Poster
Options

Hi All

Have read similar posts and not really expecting anything to happen but posting for the first time on this forum out out of sheer frustration with Samsung.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch 46 mm and like many others since the last Tizen update 5.5.0.1 the battery life has dropped significantly. Prior to the last update i was regulary getting up to 5 days+ life out of the battery- i never have always on, or constant HR tracking, keep it on airplane mode overnight and only use GPS for a couple of hours a week and use the watch faces that came with the watch. Basically use it like a watch and step tracker most of the time

Since the update i am lucky to get anywhere near 18 hours- i can sometime lose over 20% battery life in an hour when the watch is on airplane mode. I have taken the advice of others on this forum and other places, ive done multiple full reset of the watch, ive unpaired, removed the wearable app and other watch apps  from my phone and done a fresh reinstall, and even  tried using a different phone. Ive removed the Samsung health app from my watch due to the  2FA and ridiculous permissions that the app requested (but thats a different story) but when i check on whats causing battery drain i often get 75% due to Samsung health which i cant remove from the watch. 

Ive waited a couple of months now for Samsung to release a patch but nothing so far- ive used Samsung products for years and have never minded paying that bit extra because of the quality of the product and software- but if Samsungs approach is now to basically ignore customers with products more than 18 months old then im done- i may as well pay less for a cheaper brand and take a chance. The watch is out of warranty ( and battery's dont seem to be covered anyway) and i am not going to pay for someone to try and fix this.  What is so frustrating is that my watch was fine but overnight since the update my samsung galaxy watch is now just an expensive paperweight. 

5 REPLIES 5
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@SW13 

oh my

try backing up your files via Wearables app on paired phone

then reset the watch

on the watch menu → settings → reset

if persists

contact customer care to arrange in-warranty repair

smartwatches have 24 months warranty from purchase

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Sapayseur
Student
Options

Same issue. Not sure what to do now.

0 Likes
DASHman
Apprentice
Options

Same issue. I immediately updated the watch when I bought it and that was a bad idea. Drains like twenty percent in an hour. Tried resetting my galaxy watch active several times. What a joke. 

0 Likes
Members_3c48RCY
Student
Options

I have the same issue as well since the update of May 20201. The galaxy watch (first edition) is now empty in 3 to 4 hours (in battery saver mode!) I have no warranty on it anymore, so have to pay myself for guarantee... 

0 Likes
Members_3c48RCY
Student
Options

Since I can't edit a new reply with a question. Do you guys that have this issue by accident also have the Samsung Galaxy S10 plus as phone to combine with the watch? 

0 Likes