Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch Auto detect activity

(Topic created on: 08-01-2021 05:21 PM)
Sw16
First Poster
Options

My galaxy watch doesn't show anything when auto detecting a workout on the watch. It does seem to record walking in the Health app on my phone and shows it as being detected by the watch but this isn't shown in the active mins on the watch.  It doesn't seem to detect my Hit workouts at all.  As far as i can tell all exercises are  set to auto detect on the watch and ive tried disconnecting the watch and ensuring it is turned on on the phone. Any ideas? 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Sw16: What happens if you manually start a workout? If you head to Settings > Workout Detection > Activities To Detect, are your preferred workout options listed here? Are you taking your phone with you when you go walking, or syncing with it upon your return? Can you try opening the Samsung Health app on your phone, navigating to your step counter and looking for any option to track steps using your watch only, to see if this helps? 

Sw16
First Poster
Options

Apologies for the delay. I've actually managed to almost fix it although I'm not sure how. I disconnected the watch from the app and toggled the switch on the health app on my phone. Restarted both devices nd it reset that days activity count. Now it is showing the same on both phone and watch. It still doesn't tell me on my watch when it is detecting the walking but I'm not that bothered about that as I know it is

0 Likes