Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch and tattoos

(Topic created on: 10-09-2018 08:23 PM)
stevep1980
First Poster
Options

Hi there, im just letting everyone know of a major fault with the new galaxy watch.

I have both wrists tattooed , the left not so much as the right, and the galaxy watch doesnt work on tattooed skin!!!! 

You heard me right it doesnt work on tattooed skin!!!!

The heart rate monitor doesnt give any kind of reading on my right  wrist that is covered, and on my left wrist that I wear it on there is a small gap in my atttoo where there is some skin, and the only way the always on display and heartrate sensor work is if the sensor is placed exactly in the small gap where there is no tattoo.

So Samsung have marketed a device for NON tattooed customers??!!!! 

33 REPLIES 33
Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah it's a heavy tattoo, it won't work or might work occasionally. My watch if only moves a little from my little untattooed spot won't work as well. I mean, I won't get notifications as watch is recognised as unworn and no measurements are taken.
0 Likes
Tiz79
First Poster
Options

If samsung hadn't removed the show only while wearing on/off option in notification settings us tattooed folk would still be able to receive all notifications. Still wouldn't be able to measure heart rate but everything else would work perfectly.

Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options
True, I've made a suggestion Theresa about that yesterday but I don't know if they even read that. Previously this forum was clear, now every post just lands in same timeline so propably will get lost
0 Likes
NINJER
Explorer
Options

I'm classified as lightly tattoo'd but if you have google pay or samsungpay enabled, you have to have a security lock, and when that is enabled and it doesn't detect blood through the sensor, it immediately thinks you've stopped wearing the watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKMFf9p7Xtk

Bobr1384
Pioneer
Options

I agree. All Samsung has to do is allow the same notification setting that was available in every other previous model watch that allowed notifications to come through even if you aren't wearing your watch. They allow alarms and reminders to come through while you're not wearing the watch.... it's a really simple fix Samsung

NINJER
Explorer
Options

Not just a simple fix, when i wear it as a sleep tracker, if it moves and thinks i'm not wearing it, that's the whole night not being tracked, they need a way to also make sure its not a one off and continue to measure.

What's the point of using the continuous tracking setting, if it just cancels if it mis reads / thinks you've stopped wearing it once. 

Also what's werid is that I can moved the watch around on skin without tattoos and I can even hover the watch over my skin by 2cm and it will still think i'm wearing the watch. It's only when I go over my black section of my tattoo it says NOPE, HE"S NOT WEARING ME ANYMORE! lol.

0 Likes
Bobr1384
Pioneer
Options

Bumping this thread. Still waiting on the fix from Samsung to allow notifications while the watch isn't being worn! It's been almost 6 months @samsung what is possibly taking so long. I for one am sick of my 2 brand new watch 4's sitting in a drawer while I have to wear the watch 3 because that one still has that setting. Fix your s_hit already

Sybexx
Navigator
Options

Think you are going to have a long wait, Samsung don't ever reply or sort out these problems. I'm starting to wonder why I keep getting and upgrading Sumsung Tech.

0 Likes
Bobr1384
Pioneer
Options

I agree. Samsung is complete s_hit when it comes to this. I'm beyond p****d and disgusted. As soon as my phone contract is up I'm getting rid of my note 20 Ultra, galaxy buds pro, galaxy tab s7+, and both my galaxy watch 4's. S_crew Samsung

0 Likes
Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options
Can't see much relation about forgetting about the watch to brilliant phones they do. I don't think your protest will put Samsung under administration.
0 Likes