Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch and tattoos

(Topic created on: 10-09-2018 09:38 PM)
stevep1980
First Poster
Options

Hi there, im just letting everyone know of a major fault with the new galaxy watch.

I have both wrists tattooed , the left not so much as the right, and the galaxy watch doesnt work on tattooed skin!!!! 

You heard me right it doesnt work on tattooed skin!!!!

The heart rate monitor doesnt give any kind of reading on my right  wrist that is covered, and on my left wrist that I wear it on there is a small gap in my atttoo where there is some skin, and the only way the always on display and heartrate sensor work is if the sensor is placed exactly in the small gap where there is no tattoo.

So Samsung have marketed a device for NON tattooed customers??!!!! 

33 REPLIES 33
Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options

And you think you discovered America? Everybody knows about this since the Gear S2 was released, it's a well know "issue"  but it's hard to say it's issue, it's just the hardware by itself, it won't work through ink. I have tattooed wrist but lucky for me I have few mm withought ink exactly where the reader is. Couinsidence but it works for me.

Sometimes it's good to read about the product before you buy it.

Fogzter
Apprentice
Options

I got my Gear 3 working on my dark tattoos by stick a bit of clear sticky tape over the sensor.  Works a lot better for me now.

1975smith
First Poster
Options
I have both wrists heavily tattooed and my hands , only issue I find is connecting it . Keeps dropping in and out but I've found a very small amount of vaseline on your wrist before wearing your watch it works with no issues at all , and I've wore my watch now since December.
0 Likes
MissDoratti
First Poster
Options

I dont know about marketing something to not include tattooed customers.. that's a little far-fetched. I have tattoos all over my wrist and the only thing I've found is that the tiny writing on the inside runs against and makes dry patches in those spots on my wrist. Have had no problems with it running at all. 

0 Likes
tiapia
First Poster
Options

It's a joke!!! Same problem I have! The apple watch worked perfectly fine. Just another reason i regret switching to samsung 😡😡😡

Erikaz
First Poster
Options

I wish I saw this before I bought mine.  I can't believe it doesn't read on my tattoos.  So disappointed In the watch.  

TechGirl2020
First Poster
Options

Apple Watches are even worse! No readings on my tatted wrist but my bare wrist it works. I'm switching over to Samsung.

0 Likes
Jdfreezn
First Poster
Options

I've never had an issue with the apple watch, but have never been able to get the galaxy watch to work on either wrist with my tattoos

0 Likes
RiotWyatt
First Poster
Options

Lol, I got mine over a week ago and I had some serious concerns about my constant heart rate of 112bpm... I called my mom who is a nurse practitioner and she sounded worried. Took my pulse naturally.. 84bpm.. turned my watch around to the other side of my wrist that isn't tattooed? What do you know... 84bpm. Hahaha, sucks my tattoos mess up the sensor but I'm relieved my heart rate is normal now. 🤣😂

0 Likes