Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch and tattoos

(Topic created on: 11-12-2020 10:36 AM)
stevep1980
First Poster
Options

Hi there, im just letting everyone know of a major fault with the new galaxy watch.

I have both wrists tattooed , the left not so much as the right, and the galaxy watch doesnt work on tattooed skin!!!! 

You heard me right it doesnt work on tattooed skin!!!!

The heart rate monitor doesnt give any kind of reading on my right  wrist that is covered, and on my left wrist that I wear it on there is a small gap in my atttoo where there is some skin, and the only way the always on display and heartrate sensor work is if the sensor is placed exactly in the small gap where there is no tattoo.

So Samsung have marketed a device for NON tattooed customers??!!!! 

33 REPLIES 33
hewtech
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options
Maybe you didn't noticed problem when your Apple watch has discharged after few hours of its poor battery life 😂
0 Likes
Wooodywoods31
First Poster
Options

I've got half a sleeve on the left arm and it will not read anything and on the right arm I have a gap I can put it on, but if the watch moves it stops working, and this in 2021, it wont read my heart rate or my sleep pattern properly, and I really really like this watch and its just a bit annoying.

Ajgalaxy
Apprentice
Options

I just got the galaxy 4 watch and it still doesn't work on heavy tats. 😪

0 Likes
Ajgalaxy
Apprentice
Options

I just got the Galaxy Watch 4 and it still doesn't work on heavily tattooed wrists... 

0 Likes
Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options
Did anyone ever said it will? It's the same technology for sensors, it won't work and it's known for very long time. Nothing had changed in this matter and no one promised it will. I knew it won't work on my right hand as intended
0 Likes
Sybexx
Navigator
Options

I have no problems with my heart rate sensor on my tattooed skin, works really well.20210907_144138.jpg

0 Likes
Ajgalaxy
Apprentice
Options

This is my first watch... so no one said it would or wouldn't.  I ran across this thread trying to figure out why I couldn't get notifications on my watch. Thought I would share that 3 years later this hasn't been corrected. 

Ajgalaxy
Apprentice
Options

16310451062905889217484570738915.jpg

 does not work on mine. It will work on right arm that is less tatted but that feels weird to me.

0 Likes
Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options
Bo worries. The thing is that this light can't get through ink. My problem is that I keep watch on my right hand which is heavily tattooed but there's a small spot where the sensor is. And now I have problem cause if the watch move slighltly it won't be recognised as being in my hand and I'm not getting notifications. I need to wear it very tight.

I think they should consider adding some new method of recognising if watch is on the hand. For example if it moves, makes steps. It's so easy to sort it and it only relies on the sensor now.

Some people will tell you that it works on their but keep it in your mind that the amount of ink could jebdifferent, could be much brighter etc (so they get results which are probably inaccurate) but don't treat this as opinion. Your watch is fine if it works on other hand or part of hand. It was said long time ago that this tech can't fight this.
0 Likes