Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch and Strava

(Topic created on: 08-11-2018 10:12 PM)
trbox
Apprentice
Options

I just bought the Galaxy Watch 42mm, and so far I'm happy with the watch. The UI is great, navigating with the bezel is a dream, and notifications work great even though I'm using an iPhone.

However, the fact that I have no option to use Strava with the Galaxy Watch, either native app or through Samsung Health, is mind-boggling. And infuriating. Especially since Strava is featured as one of the apps for the Galaxy Watch on Samsung's website (https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch/). 

Imgur link showing how they feature the Strava app on Galaxy Watch (https://imgur.com/a/CkUan2p).

The only communication regarding Strava on the Galaxy Watch is from @StravaSupport on Twitter. Which in itself is weird. No communication from Samsung, yet Strava informs the community that Samsung is working on an app.

I really hope Samsung tells us what their plan is, and when we can expect the Strava app. Featuring an app on their "showcase" page that isn't available several weeks after launch is unacceptable.

So, Samsung: what is your plan with regards to the advertised Strava app on the Galaxy Watch?

102 REPLIES 102
Derry
Apprentice
Options

Frustrated to say the least. 

Why can't all these apps just play nice together 🙄

I'll be cancelling my Strava subscription I think, cheaper than a Garmin 😏

Shame though. 

Thanks for replying so fast 

0 Likes
daath
Explorer
Options

If you can get it to sync to anything (I couldn't) - then your data is held hostage at Samsung. If you can get it to sync anywhere, you can probably get it to Strava using a service like tapiriik

Derry
Apprentice
Options
I'll give that a try, thanks again x
0 Likes
Solution
JohanDeVilliers
Journeyman
Options

I guess I'll have to be the bringer of good news....

Strava and Samsung just launced the native Strava App for their watches!!

I was holding out for this news before I placed my order for two galaxy watches for me and my wife!

A friend of mine is already running the native app on his gear S3 since yesterday.

Apparently live segments will also work.

And in future will be able to connect to external HRM strap. 

I hope these two will come true, but nontheless, so happy that we finally get a native Strava App on Samsung watches!!

daath
Explorer
Options

That's good news. However, I could already get my data to Strava by using Endomondo... 

I just want the ***** HR-monitor to work - Not using a HR-strap :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

0 Likes
trbox
Apprentice
Options

Awesome! Thanks for updating the thread.

Tried it out today, and it works pretty well. The GPS coordinates seem good, and uploading to Strava takes 10-20 seconds top. Don't know how accurate the HRM is, but that's not as important for me to be honest.

0 Likes
Chatty
Apprentice
Options

How did you get to work?  We have loaded the Strava app and connected using the 4 number code and although it records the run on the wat h and syncs to Samsung health app it’s not syncing to the Strava app.

0 Likes
JamesM10
Student
Options

@Chatty wrote:

How did you get to work?  We have loaded the Strava app and connected using the 4 number code and although it records the run on the wat h and syncs to Samsung health app it’s not syncing to the Strava app.

I'm having the very same issue ... Any suggestions would be great.

Cheers

James

0 Likes
Tuzza
First Poster
Options

@JamesM10 wrote:

@Chatty wrote:

I'm having the very same issue ... Any suggestions would be great.

Cheers

James

Also having the same issue which is so frustrating as it's the reason I went for this watch

0 Likes
JohanDeVilliers
Journeyman
Options

Mine worked fine up until a week or two ago.. Since then I cannot get my watch strava to sync any of my activities with my phone Strava!! This is getting ridiculous seeing so many people having the same issue! To top it all, when I tap the activity on my phone to sync manually, it doesn't work, plus it drains my watch battery within minutes from full charge to zero. Then I also get a warning that watch is overheating.. I've checked that Strava is the only app running when this happens. And it happens EVERYTIME I try to manually sync an activity..without any success! Samsung and Strava needs to bring an update to this issue ASAP..

0 Likes