Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy watch & whatsapp

(Topic created on: 21-09-2018 06:40 PM)
Whatsapp1
Explorer
Options

Hi I got my new rose gold samsung watch yesterday and cannot seem to get my WhatsApp notifications or messages on it. I cant find any information on it on the internet or if there is a 3rd party to use. Can you help please.

Go to solution
183 REPLIES 183
BenGoodLuck
Apprentice
Options

If you have WhatsApp Web enabled on your PC (web.whatsapp.com), you won't receive notifications on your watch.  Close any WhatsApp Web browser tabs that are open and you'll begin receiving notifications on your watch.

0 Likes
andonecool
First Poster
Options

What does PC have to do with phone and watch? What are u talking about?

0 Likes
BenGoodLuck
Apprentice
Options
I've seen many posts on the web from people saying they're not receiving Whatsapp notifications on their watch. All answers refer to making sure that Whatsapp is set up to send notifications and that the watch is also set up correctly.

I had been receiving notifications and then they stopped. I realized that if the Whatsapp Web app is open on my PC (meaning I can use WhatsApp from my PC in addition to from my phone), then Whatsapp notifications are not received on my watch. I assume it's because Whatsapp is sending a notification and the PC app is overriding notifications to the watch. As soon as I close the WhatsApp Web app on my PC, I started receiving notifications on my watch.
0 Likes
BenGoodLuck
Apprentice
Options

If you have WhatsApp Web enabled on your PC (web.whatsapp.com), you won't receive notifications on your watch. Close any WhatsApp Web browser tabs that are open and you'll begin receiving notifications on your watch.

I've seen many posts on the web from people saying they're not receiving Whatsapp notifications on their watch. All answers refer to making sure that Whatsapp is set up to send notifications and that the watch is also set up correctly.

I had been receiving notifications and then they stopped. I realized that if the Whatsapp Web app is open on my PC (meaning I can use WhatsApp from my PC in addition to from my phone), then Whatsapp notifications are not received on my watch. I assume it's because Whatsapp is sending a notification and the PC app is overriding notifications to the watch. As soon as I close the WhatsApp Web app on my PC, I started receiving notifications on my watch.

king_fjm
First Poster
Options

I cant find the setting option on the wearable app. I am trying to set my watch to get whatsapp notifications.

0 Likes
king_fjm
First Poster
Options
This didn't work for me
0 Likes
Justme2
Student
Options

It should work. Allow whatsapp notifications on the phone and in the app. Restart the phone. On my app, notifications is on the main interface. You can try another version of weareable and plug in. I have older version, because my watch do not connect on my Huawei P30 or other phone (even Samsung) with present version.

0 Likes
Ziggyrose
First Poster
Options
hi I'm getting WhatsApp messages but can't see them once they've shown.
0 Likes
RachelCheng
Apprentice
Options

Same issue like me, lucky i'm checked my phone app notification setting found i was accidentally closed whatsapp notification, then re-open can use already.. u all may check and see same issue like me or not... have a nice day !!

0 Likes
GH3
First Poster
Options
thanks for those that helped with the what's app issue. does anyone know why the galaxy watch keeps disconnecting from Bluetooth to the S20 plus? it's a couple times a day at least. I have changed the battery optimisation settings too. Thanks
0 Likes