Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch & whatsapp

(Topic created on: 30/06/19 06:54)
Whatsapp1
Explorer
Options
Wearables

Hi I got my new rose gold samsung watch yesterday and cannot seem to get my WhatsApp notifications or messages on it. I cant find any information on it on the internet or if there is a 3rd party to use. Can you help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution
Kaz7
Explorer
Options
Wearables

Yessss I've cracked it!! I went into galaxy wearable app on phone, go into settings and scroll down to galaxy apps and there were updates needed to be done, done those and it's worked since. So I now have messenger and WhatsApp notifications, happy, happy birthday girl today as it was driving me nuts 🤯😁 hope it works for you too, let me know 🤞

View solution in context

172 REPLIES 172
william1969
First Poster
Options
Wearables

yea a big ***** off that whatsapp isnt a stand alone app why why why is it beacuse facebook bought it

GambleS10plus
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Morning everyone, hope your all well?

Can anybody tell me how I can get WhatsApp notifications on My Galaxy smart watch please?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Ladybeyza
Options
Wearables

I was having the same issues. Go to your phone settings. Go to all apps and turn on whatsapp. 

Novelia
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I couldn't receive any message notifications from whatsapp on my galaxy watch even if i on and off it from the galaxy wearable app..

But i played with my phone (note 😎 looking for solutions..i finally unlocked it..

Go to SETTINGS 

Go to App Notification

Look for whatsapp and TURN IT ON..

Hope this could be of any help..

0 Likes
Ouweneel
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

This works for me.

On your phone go to the WEAR app and go then MESSAGES.

Set the switches as shown on my picture (its in Dutch)

After that your messages Whatsapp, Line etc goes instantly to your watch and phone.

Screenshot_20190404-222728_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.jpg

Zaveri
First Poster
Options
Wearables
Goto phone-settings-apps- search for whatsapp- goto notification and enable all.

This did work for us
0 Likes
Frederickdawg
Explorer
Options
Wearables
I already fixed it . Read above
0 Likes
Arfan_Chatha
Options
Wearables

I receive the WhatsApp message notifications properly except the WhatsApp call notifications, whatch doesn't vibrate when receiving the call on phone,  after missed call from WhatsApp it shows a silent notification. How to get vibrate the watch when calling on the phone? 

0 Likes
Mei1
First Poster
Options
Wearables

If it's any help I use a 3rd party app called Chat Hub. This not only shows you notifications from WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger, but lets you reply to these messages using your watch - provided that your watch and phone are within bluetooth range of each other (even if you have the LTE version). Just go to the Galaxy Store on your phone, search for Chat Hub, press Watch so it knows you're searching for watch apps. It isn't free but it was worth it for me for the small price (I took the risk), and although it only has 2 stars out of 5 under the reviews I can confirm it does work for me 100% of the time.

0 Likes
Simonkin11
Observer
Options
Wearables

That's great. Thanks for the info.

0 Likes
Ras2
Options
Wearables

I solved it.   just go to phone setting (not wearable settings) -  click Notification- scroll down - you can see whatsapp icon click on it allow all notification enable button thats it.

then you can get notification in your samsung watch also.

0 Likes
Jamsterdm
Voyager
Options
Wearables
But not for WhatsApp calls, the watch only notifies of missed calls.
0 Likes
simonewilliamsj
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Why can't I get WhatsApp notification.? Do you have the active or active 2 because I have active

0 Likes
Jamsterdm
Voyager
Options
Wearables

I have the active2 I can recieve WhatsApp messages and view them on my watch. However if I recieve a WhatsApp call the watch will not notify me/ring 

0 Likes
Explore
Community Manager
Options
Wearables

Here's a Support page which could help to solve this issue:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-activate-whatsapp-notifications-on-a-galaxy...

Thanks guys!

Community Team :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options
Wearables
Works only for messages. When getting a voice call on Whatssap the Watch does nothing. Why?
0 Likes
Jprez1980
First Poster
Options
Wearables

See Page 13 of this thread (10/7/2019), doesn't seem like anything has changed unfortunately.

0 Likes
BenGoodLuck
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

If you have WhatsApp Web enabled on your PC (web.whatsapp.com), you won't receive notifications on your watch. Close any WhatsApp Web browser tabs that are open and you'll begin receiving notifications on your watch.

I've seen many posts on the web from people saying they're not receiving Whatsapp notifications on their watch. All answers refer to making sure that Whatsapp is set up to send notifications and that the watch is also set up correctly.

I had been receiving notifications and then they stopped. I realized that if the Whatsapp Web app is open on my PC (meaning I can use WhatsApp from my PC in addition to from my phone), then Whatsapp notifications are not received on my watch. I assume it's because Whatsapp is sending a notification and the PC app is overriding notifications to the watch. As soon as I close the WhatsApp Web app on my PC, I started receiving notifications on my watch.

BenGoodLuck
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

FYI, here's an update.  Whatsapp is now sending notifications to my Galaxy Watch even when Whatsapp Web is open in my browser.  Samsung must have released an update that fixed the notification issue.

0 Likes
Ziggyrose
Options
Wearables
hi I'm getting WhatsApp messages but can't see them once they've shown.
0 Likes
RachelCheng
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Same issue like me, lucky i'm checked my phone app notification setting found i was accidentally closed whatsapp notification, then re-open can use already.. u all may check and see same issue like me or not... have a nice day !!

0 Likes