Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch & whatsapp

(Topic created on: 30/06/19 01:01)
Whatsapp1
Explorer
Options
Wearables

Hi I got my new rose gold samsung watch yesterday and cannot seem to get my WhatsApp notifications or messages on it. I cant find any information on it on the internet or if there is a 3rd party to use. Can you help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution
Kaz7
Explorer
Options
Wearables

Yessss I've cracked it!! I went into galaxy wearable app on phone, go into settings and scroll down to galaxy apps and there were updates needed to be done, done those and it's worked since. So I now have messenger and WhatsApp notifications, happy, happy birthday girl today as it was driving me nuts 🤯😁 hope it works for you too, let me know 🤞

View solution in context

172 REPLIES 172
Blackcloud
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Hi Hak,

Thanks for the update but I've never changed any whatsapp setting it just works. The only setting I changed were in the the notification list in the galaxy wearable menu.

0 Likes
VLR86
Options
Wearables
Hi. I can't seem to find this specific setting in what's app? i did get what's app notifications of messages when I first set up but not now! Thanks for any help. Vx
0 Likes
Whatsapp1
Explorer
Options
Wearables

What settings is your phone and watch on ?? Silent or vibration etc ????

0 Likes
Lukman
Options
Wearables

Hi all. I still can't get any notification for WhatsApp on my galaxy watch. I have turned on notification on my watch and phone. Have already checked and on but still no notification. Am I missing something? 

0 Likes
InekeS1
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Hi, i get the messages but i have no Whatsapp app on my watch, So i can not send messages, only receive. Any suggestions or is this how it Works. Vanuit find back the message once the message is closed. Thx for helping

Siâny
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

I have the same issue. I have all notifications for all messages appears on both the phone and the Samsung 42Gold. But like you, I have no way of viewing the message again if I didn't catch it all the second it is notified on my watch? I cannot find an app icon to be able to select to add to my watch apps.

I've been looking thru these Google searches and found a 3rd party (Tizen) that apparently offers the app but I am unsure about installing it. 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=Cm0nXL_UGYbBlwSKjKnADw&q=whatsapp+app+for+samsung+watch...

Let me know what you try and if it works for you. Thanks

0 Likes
Alharith86
Options
Wearables

@Kaz7 wrote:

Yessss I've cracked it!! I went into galaxy wearable app on phone, go into settings and scroll down to galaxy apps and there were updates needed to be done, done those and it's worked since. So I now have messenger and WhatsApp notifications, happy, happy birthday girl today as it was driving me nuts 🤯😁 hope it works for you too, let me know 🤞

Hi it’s not working for me, which apps did you update please let me know, cause I’m starting to regret buying the watch

Elzkie
Options
Wearables

Under galaxy wearable-notifications, read all the options. Then switch on what needs to switch on. Then under app, select the apps you want to receive notifcation. I can received notif from all apps in my phone. Can reply also. 

0 Likes
harms
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Hi  i receive  all notifications   but i cant open photo.s on the watch   

Galaxymom
Observer
Options
Wearables

I know I'm late to this thread but I figured it out : 

Go to Galaxy wearable

Notification

Recently sent  and then see all 

On top you will see ," most recent", click on that and you choose " all" . Abd then individually click on apps you want  

0 Likes
Austom
First Poster
Options
Wearables

start your wearable app, make sure that the watch is connected, open Notifications, read very clearly the first 3 options and set up accordingly.

i dont have the app in front of me so i have to paraphrase on the first 3 questions...

1. notify  only when wearing the watch... when this is on... you will not get any notifications as long as you hold your watch in your hand or its on the table in front of you... remember its a smart watch... it knows if you wear it!!! i suggest you turn this off.

2. notify when the phone is on, here is suggest that you turn it off. when you chat with someone you dont want to have constantly the watch notifcations since you already hold the phone in your hand.

3. atomatically turn on notifications for all newly installed apps..., i suggest you also turn that on, since when you dont want notificaitons from a particular app, you can anytime turn them off in the background.

hope that helps.

0 Likes
Morris88
First Poster
Options
Wearables

hey guys !!I'm new to this ... I just got my Samsung watch very happy with it. but is it me that can't find the _  or Samsung forgot to put it in the keyboard?  my email has the udersocre key  _ and I can't find it another thing is there an app or anybody know if Samsung is working with whatapp developers so we are able to have it on the watch .....? it's kind of anoying that if someone  send you more that one messege you can only see one and one can't listen to the voice Messages or view  pictures .. thank you 

0 Likes
DF8
First Poster
Options
Wearables

But how do i get whatsapp calls to come through on the Galaxy watch? The only option within the Galaxy wearable app is to turn on WhatsApp notifications. I get my WhatsApp messages just fine. Only WhatsApp calls do not come through to the watch. Only a notification of a missed WhatsApp call. Any advice?

0 Likes
Ali96
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

hi. Did you find a solution for the whatsapp calls problem because i have the same problem also and its very annoying. I tried almost everything and it didn't work. Also read many users messages that the samsung watch cannot receive whatsapp calls only messages which means.that their's nothing wrong with our watches. However i still.think.that their could be a way to.solve this

0 Likes
Brian007
Explorer
Options
Wearables

I'm sorry, but I only use it for text messages. Prefer calls via normal calls.

0 Likes
Brian007
Explorer
Options
Wearables
It would appear that there's not a dedicated app for it at the moment, only message notifications. I think WhatsApp will have to amend their app. However this is a reply I got from Samsung help 

Hi, Thanks for your message. WhatsApp Calling allows you make calls through WhatsApp via your phone’s Internet connection rather than your cellular plan’s voice minutes. (Note: data charges may apply). You can place a call in WhatsApp to any contact that isstored in your phone's address bookwho also has WhatsApp Calling. Below you can find the operating system requirements for the WhatsApp Voice Calling and Video Calling: Voice Calling: AndroidiPhone (iOS 7 and later)Windows Phone (OS 8 and later) Video Calling: Android (OS 4.1+)iPhone (iOS 8.0+)Windows Phone (8.1+) In order for these features to be available please make sure that you are using the latest available version for your device by going here. Note: You can’t access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp. You must make alternative communication arrangements to make emergency calls. Learn more about using WhatsApp Calling on: Android, iPhone or Windows Phone.

This question, as you can see hasn't been answered so I've sent them another follow up to get some clarification.

0 Likes
Morris88
First Poster
Options
Wearables

hello. .. sadly nothing .still the same they Samsung  gotta sit down with whatSapp developers and find a solution to this . 

0 Likes
Sk02
Observer
Options
Wearables

Hey! I encountered the same problem with my galaxy watch 42 mm. I bought in December and started using ir with my galaxy s7 and then with a galaxy s9+. From the beginning was able to receive message notifications from WhatsApp on the watch and reply (not starting conversations nor watching pictures/stickers/gifs like other comments mentioned). But, a few days ago the notifications stopped. I did not change any settings nor updated apps prior to this happening. I tried everything, reset the watch, restart the phone, updating every app and double checking the notifications for WhatsApp on the wearable app were turned on but nothing worked.... until, I turned on the "show while using phone" on the notifications settings in the wearable app. Voilà! Back to normal. Hope this helps. 

Novelia
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Hi..try the notification apps in your phone..

Go to settings (of you phone NOT THE SETTINGS OF THE WEARABLE APP ON YOUR PHONE) and see if the notification for whatsapp is on..

I had the same problem but when i tried everything and failed, i thought the the problem could be in my phone settings for whatsapp..and thats when i saw that the notif for whatsapp od off.

Then it worked..

0 Likes
Frederickdawg
Explorer
Options
Wearables

Any solutions? WhatsApp is enabled in both notification settings on the wearable app on the phone but still doesn't work.

0 Likes
Frederickdawg
Explorer
Options
Wearables
Solution was to uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp on phone. All good.
0 Likes