Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch & Gear S3 rapid battery drain after latest update.

(Topic created on: 15-04-2021 07:17 AM)
smokeringhalo
Apprentice
Options

Since the latest update, I've had my Gear S3 watch completely drain unexpectedly. I didn't think much of it until my wife started complaining that her galaxy watch had also drained overnight and was having difficulty charging back up.  I then realized that we both had a recent update to our wearables software. So I took my gear from it's charger at 100% and was down to only 59% charge in just an hour! This is unacceptable.

I remember back when the wearables had poor battery life and was eventually fixed, but it seems that the latest update made it even worse than the original battery life which I never thought would be possible. The watches were running great before, and now they die within hours. What was the purpose of this update anyway? I'm not seeing a single change or benefit from it. It has only ruined our wearables. I don't want to factory reset just to end up in the same place.

Samsung needs to fix this a.s.a.p.!

59 REPLIES 59
DKirby
First Poster
Options

Mine just updated a few days ago and now it's at 15% in less than 3 hours. This is unacceptable! Samsung needs to fix this ASAP. This is extremely upsetting to me because my fiance bought me this watch and now it's one of the only things I have to remember him by. This watch is special to me and I'm actually livid that it isn't working. If anyone knows of an actual solution to this, I would be willing to try just about anything, aside from buying a new watch. 

0 Likes
Adam W
Apprentice
Options

Sad but I am done with samsung..this is the same ***** apple does....force an update to destroy older product so we will buy new.....screw that I just won't buy samsung again ever. The support is a joke and it's always pay is or buy a new one.

zsangyal
Apprentice
Options

Well, unless there is a class lawsuit, Samsung does not care. I scrapped my watch, and what I do in the future: never buy Samsung product (mobile, TV, fridge, etc.)

Btw I bought a replacement smartwatch, and this one - with much more functions - lasts 7 days with a single charging (continuous BT with my phone, heartrate, PulsOx always on)

Delarian
First Poster
Options

Same issue after update yesterday - used to hold charge for 2+ days, now it drains in 2 hours with no use except sitting on my wrist

0 Likes
Adam W
Apprentice
Options

Mi e charges to 100 then in 60 seconds says its at 90% then 9o seconds later powers off

0 Likes
Adam W
Apprentice
Options

Since samsung wants hundreds to fix it I just ordered the replacement  battery and will try and fix it myself

0 Likes
lialse33
First Poster
Options

There’s a new firmware replace that addresses this and glued the game mode dimming worm even as making a variety of different upgrades as you can see. While I thank you for testing this, I’d be curious to peer what it’s like on the new firmware that dropped

0 Likes
makis780
Explorer
Options

No matter how many batteries you change, the problem remains !!!

0 Likes
makis780
Explorer
Options

After the last upgrade the problem remains with the battery and the home button !!!!😒

0 Likes
mikejay
First Poster
Options
Mine updated on 07/05 and now the battery is down to 25% after 4hrs it would last me 4 days away just before the update.
0 Likes