Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch & Gear S3 rapid battery drain after latest update.

(Topic created on: 25-11-2020 05:12 PM)
smokeringhalo
Apprentice
Options

Since the latest update, I've had my Gear S3 watch completely drain unexpectedly. I didn't think much of it until my wife started complaining that her galaxy watch had also drained overnight and was having difficulty charging back up.  I then realized that we both had a recent update to our wearables software. So I took my gear from it's charger at 100% and was down to only 59% charge in just an hour! This is unacceptable.

I remember back when the wearables had poor battery life and was eventually fixed, but it seems that the latest update made it even worse than the original battery life which I never thought would be possible. The watches were running great before, and now they die within hours. What was the purpose of this update anyway? I'm not seeing a single change or benefit from it. It has only ruined our wearables. I don't want to factory reset just to end up in the same place.

Samsung needs to fix this a.s.a.p.!

59 REPLIES 59
Gofunk1
Journeyman
Options
I'm having the same issue! bloody nightmare, probably trying to force an upgrade!
Gregduck
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue, I've tried a few things suggested on forums, reboots, updating apps but nothing is working might have to try factory reset if i can remember how...

0 Likes
makis780
Explorer
Options

I have same problem with battery !!! Please solved !!! I'm sad !!! 😟

0 Likes
zsangyal
Apprentice
Options

No. it did NOT help in my case.

0 Likes
zsangyal
Apprentice
Options

I posted in a similar topic on 14th Sep:

While the battery of my Gear S3 Classic (SM-R770) last normally for 2.5 days, after the recent software update it decreased drastically for 12 hours.

Version R770XXU2FTD4/R770OXA2FTD4

Could it relate somehow to the (unwanted, but uninstallable) Bixby?

0 Likes
zsangyal
Apprentice
Options

Unbelievable that if so many person is complaining Samsung is still quiet...
I thought they are a reliable company. 

makis780
Explorer
Options

I believed the same and I came from Sony after many years in it.

0 Likes
RadianWear
First Poster
Options

I have had this watch since launch and it has ALWAYS had this issue. They have not and will not do anything to fix it. A factory reset at best has given me a few days before the issue starts happening again.

0 Likes
TRENDY
Apprentice
Options

I replaced the battery after a few weeks of tinkering with the settings thinking it was a hardware issue, because I couldn't imagine Samsung ignoring a software bug for so long. Very poor QA and disappointing service from Samsung. How many more people need to write here for you to take notice??? 

0 Likes
Long-Time_Fan
Student
Options

I too have had a Gear S3 Classic for a couple of years and have loved this watch, even if the battery life was a somewhat-short 36 hours or so. But after this last software update, I couldn't get an accurate or consistent charge out of it. I finally gave up and bought a Garmin Fenix 6, and can't be happier. I got THREE WEEKS out of its first charge with 21% battery left; it probably would have run 4 weeks easily. No, the face does not have the brilliantly bright numbers or backgrounds, but the Garmin app is similar to the Samsung app. And functionally, it's different and maybe better. GPS is built-in, and I can map and track my stats with the Garmin Connect app on my Galaxy Tab S6 tablet. The Fenix 6 is a great watch for me and I highly recommend it as a replacement for the Gear S3.

0 Likes