Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active2 stuck in reboot.

(Topic created on: 17-07-2020 11:28 PM)
Bzmkr
Apprentice
Options

I purchased my Active 2 for myself as a mothers day gift back in May this year...not even 3 months ago, as an upgrade to my old Samsung Fit pro2. I bike 15-20 miles daily, 7 days a week. Just last Sunday the 12th, I finished my 19 mile ride, saved my ride on my watch, started my drive back home when my phone notified me that it wasn't connected to my watch anymore. I looked down at my wrist and it said REBOOTING. I thought nothing of it and continued to drive home. It was a 40min drive home, when I returned home, it was STILL REBOOTING. Screen would go black, say rebooting, go black, rebooting, and it just continued on a loop for hours. I finally called the samsung number to see what we could do. They had me ship it to them for repair, still under warranty. Wellllll, today, the 17th, I get an email saying I owe them 219 dollars for the repair because its not under warranty from water damage, which i find funny because they advertise this watch as WATER  RESISTANT. Mind you, I have NEVER taken this watch in any body of water (pool, lake, not even the SHOWER!). I specifically wear it when I ride my Trek & that's it. So, if my measly little sweat caused my "water damage" or even washing my HANDS, not even my WRISTS where the watch sits.... I'm gonna be REALLLLLLLL upset with this product & company. I've currently been on hold for 48 minutes trying to reach "the next tier" because the first agent couldn't help me with my issue.

WIll update once they finally answer their line.

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Bzmkr 

Did you manage to get this resolved or are you still having the same issue?

Bzmkr
Apprentice
Options

My issue was not resolved. After an 1.5 of waiting on the phone last Friday, I finally gave up and hung up, I called back to reach an agent who told me that the previous agent transferred me to a closed department. So I was waiting on hold for over an hour to reach absolutely no one because that department was closed. I called back yesterday (Monday) and was transferred 4 different times to different departments. After over an hour on the phone, I was basically told that I have reached the highest tier and that they would not be able to help me. I am not eligible for a refund of the device that is not even 3 months old and they will not be repairing it unless I pay. They are sending my watch back un repaired because I refuse to pay 219 for a watch that isn't even 3months old and has malfunctioned.  My warranty should NOT be voided for "liquid damage", when it has not had any liquid spilt on it or even showered/swam with. It's all bull*****. Samsung does NOT stand behind their products. It is very obvious from doing a Google search that I am not the only one who has had this issue with this exact watch. It's a *****ty software glitch or something but Samsung just wants to use the voided warranty excuse so they're not stuck with repairing their *****ty product. I shouldn't have to pay more than half the price of the watch to repair it when it's barely been used. 

My family will no longer be purchasing from this terrible company. 

And social media will be blasted from here on out across all of my platforms about the terrible customer service I received. 

Xrtj
First Poster
Options

Just want to let you know had the same exact issue and experience.  Brand new not even a week old.  Frustrated on the amount of hours spent across three days dealing with the people on the phone and their scripted useless nonsense.  This watch is an utter scam.  There is clearly a defect with this unit and some of the support reps will straight up tell you they get calls all day long about this piece of garbage not to mention how they feel bad for the consumer.  Your own support reps are saying this.  How can you market a watch that can be worn in water (SWIMMING), have a Water Lock mode on it to use while swimming, yet when it fails and you send it in "THE TECHNICIAN" reports water/liquid damage.  Warranty voided.  How can you have water damage on a watch that can be worn swimming?  Is the technician and support just morons?  Is this a joke?  The consumer has absolutely no say even though this is a clear problem with the watch.

"The Galaxy Watch is rated 5ATM water and dust resistant, which means it can withstand the pool, the rain, or a post-workout shower. Be sure to turn on Water lock mode before swimming or exercising in water."

Guess what?  When you send it in and the utterly worthless "TECHNICIAN" looks at it, all he has to say is Water Damage. Every single rep you talk to on the phone will do nothing for you after that citing the technicians assessment.  I spoke to so many people I lost count.  One lady I got that was supposedly "Highest Tier" had the nerve to try and negotiate a price with me because this is what she was designated to do.  Waived fee of parts, yet wanted me to pay a 90$ labor fee to replace them.  Watch defect, but the consumer has the pay a labor fee?   No thanks.

Will never buy a Samsung product again.  It was the worst anti-consumer support experience I have ever been involved in.  Sorry to see this happened to you as well.  

Bzmkr
Apprentice
Options

Update on #Samsung

I emailed the CEO this past weekend to let them know I was very disappointed that they don't stand behind the products they make.

I received a phone call this morning from someone in the office of the CEO.

She basically told me she was so sorry this happened to me and she understands my frustrations but there is nothing further they will be able to do to help me.

I mentioned all the posts on the internet across all forms of social media about people having this same issue with the watch, some not even being a week old and receiving no help from her company either. She said she was quite aware of that. 😞

I asked her why they are selling a sports watch that is water resistant/proof with a water lock on it but yet are voiding a warranty for water damage?

She said well any bump or drop with cause the water lock to malfunction and that could cause the water to enter the device.

So I simply said "so you're selling a sports watch and if you bump it the slightest bit, and what sport doesn't have any physical contact, you risk damaging the water lock and then sweat will damage your watch?"

And her reply was "yes ma'am" 🙄🙄🙄🙄
Sweat, y'all! Freaking sweat!

This watch is supposed to have a 4.9 foot drop rating for "military specifications", or so they claim. BUT a little bump can cause it to malfunction.

This company is a legit joke.

Will be taking my dollars elsewhere from now on.

Kilvri
First Poster
Options

Samsung has always been pathetic when it comes to anything regarding a warranty. When I traded in my phone, they stole the old phone,  charged me $400 and then claimed it wasn't unlocked even though I followed their guideline. They're crappy and they'll never stand by anything at all. Don't even bother with their products. Just move to Apple or another brand and never look back. 

0 Likes