Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active2 - Multiple issues...do NOT recommend buying this watch!

(Topic created on: 05-06-2021 10:57 PM)
tbk923
Apprentice
Options

I bought my watch almost exactly 3 months ago.  About 1 month ago, the back cover just fell off.  Apparently the adhesive that Samsung uses for a watch that is marketed a fitness watch that is also water resitant...is not able to withstand normal sweating without falling apart.  When I called Samusung they told me to superglue it back on myself!  They did offer me the option to send it back to them for repair, but that would take at least 2 weeks, and based on other posts that I have seen on these message boards, frequently Samsung claims that there is water damage therefore voiding the warranty and resulting in repair fees of $100 - $300!  I chose not send it Samsung, and finally just took it to an authorized repair shop to have it reattached.  Just today, Samsung Pay started constantly popping up so it's nearly impossible to use my watch, and the back button is also not working.  I assume the two things are related since Samsung Pay is a back button setting.  I have tried to uninstall Samsung Pay from my watch and my phone (I have do not want to use it at all, so no need to have it installed), however i haven't been able to find any way to uninstall from my phone. I just tried to reset the watch, hoping that might fix the Samsung Pay issue, but i can't get past the tutorial because the back button doesn't work.  Extremely disappointed that I bought a brand new, less than 3 months ago, already started having major issues within 2 months of purchase.  Definitely not worth the almost $300 it cost!

2 REPLIES 2
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@tbk923 

oh my...

still... you may claim the 24 months warranty of the watch

I advise to have the watch sent for inspection and repair

please contact customer care on how to 

☺ 

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
tbk923
Apprentice
Options

I contacted Samsung helpline, and did send in my watch.  They were very quick to repair (under 5 business days) and did not charge any extra fees to have it repaired.  I got the watch back yesterday, and it is already having the issue with Samsung Pay again, which also renders the back button inoperable.  So, still not very pleased with this purchase as there seems to be a software issue that cannot be resolved and which makes the watch nearly useless.

0 Likes