Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active Unresponsive Screen

(Topic created on: 07-08-2021 08:03 PM)
Maysar
First Poster
Options

I've seen discussion on similar issues but no real solution or explanation so here I am.

Me and my fiancé both got the Galaxy Watch Active about a week and half ago. We did get them refurbished, so when it was a few days later and mine started acting funky I was thinking "maybe its just because its refurbished, probably nothing too serious." Basically, the watch would vibrate, the screen would stay black and then after a good 30 seconds to a minute, it would finally cut back on. It's obvious it has restarted because the watch face I have has different color options and it resets to the default on restart. I thought maybe it was the watch becoming unresponsive when it got a notification and then just restarting to try to fix itself. This was only happening to mine, and it was about once a day for a few days. But now its several times a day and its started happening to both of the watches. Looking online, I see similar issues happening to others too. 

2 days ago my watch black screened/reset about 6-8 times. It even reset in the middle of our workout, causing my minutes/steps to go uncounted for.  My fiancé's started yesterday after his run and it's happened twice now for him. He doesn't sweat like me when we're active, so we started to wonder if this was due to sweat somehow since yesterdays run was the first time he sweated a lot and it got under the watch. 

I see "solutions" online, but nothing is permanent. Yes, holding the power button for 10 seconds allows the reboot screen to pop up and it reboots and then I'm able to use it again, but thats just until it does it again. This solution doesn't last and doesn't fully stop the issue. We've done the backup and factory reset on my watch already, but no dice. 

Does anyone have any idea what causes this issue or how to actually solve it? Is there something inherently wrong with the Active series? Is it due to sweat? 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Even though the watches were bought as refurbished they obviously should work as they are meant to @Maysar 

If resetting them does not remedy the issues and their software is up to date then I would suggest the following.

• As the source where you purchased them for support  / replacements.
  • Visit a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre who can take a look at the watches for you.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Maysar
First Poster
Options

Thanks for taking the time to respond,

I only thought that originally because I have had faulty refurbished tech before. I know this can't be an issue with the refurbishing now because both of our watches are having the issue.

I'm not wanting to pay for repairs or to find a replacement exactly; I'm wanting to know what the issue is so I know if this watch is even worth the time. I see lots of others online with the same/similar problems, so it feels like this is a persistent issue with the Galaxy Watch Active series. If it is, it feels like this issue could be reoccurring even if I got it repaired or replaced.

The price of the watch was already hard for me to commit to, I don't want to pay for a repair or diagnosis if I dont have to, the issue will come back, or I'd be better off returning it.

I'm more so wondering if any past or current users of this watch(or tech gurus) have any light they can shed on what the issue is so I know if I should return it and get a different brand/series.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm using the Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch and haven't had this issue.

A Samsung Service Centre can check if the issue is hardware or software related @Maysar 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Maysar
First Poster
Options

Any solutions or help?

0 Likes