Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active unexpected battery drain after Samsung health update

(Topic created on: 16-08-2020 07:26 PM)
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
Basically up until today I was getting 2-3 days of battery from my watch, pretty average. There was this Samsung health update that became available last week, but I only installed it today. Ever since then, Samsung health has been eating up the most battery and it has been draining 4-6% an hour, which would mean it would barely last a day. Is anyone else having this problem? And when will Samsung fix this?

23 REPLIES 23
sclarady
First Poster
Options

As of 03-21-2021 there is still no fix to this battery drain.  WHY?  Do you not care?  I had to buy a new watch but NOT Samsung. This is a VeryFitPro. It was only $35 on Amazon and this battery life last 7 days PLUS. It does all i need it it do including phone calls and text. I only wish my $300 samsung gear s3 would get  a quarter of half that. Please Fix this.

Bowie
Student
Options

Having same issues here

Battery was 100% at midnight when I went to bed.  I took it off the charge dock at midnight, when I woke at 8am the battery was down to 45%.  I factory reset my watch and installed all the updates and it is still draining fast.  I dont even have the heart rate monitor running!

Bowie
Student
Options

I ended up sending my watch to Samsung for repair.  They have offered to refund or replace the battery under warranty.

0 Likes
ShaatLa
Journeyman
Options

Well... I'm also have the same problem. All this is because of new version of Samsung Health app. I tried a previous version and everything worked fine so I decided to keep it. But now I got a new Galaxy Watch 4 and it needs latest version of Health app. So, now the problem is back and I'm really sad that after more than a year the problem is still not solved.

0 Likes