Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active unexpected battery drain after Samsung health update

(Topic created on: 16-08-2020 07:26 PM)
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
Basically up until today I was getting 2-3 days of battery from my watch, pretty average. There was this Samsung health update that became available last week, but I only installed it today. Ever since then, Samsung health has been eating up the most battery and it has been draining 4-6% an hour, which would mean it would barely last a day. Is anyone else having this problem? And when will Samsung fix this?

23 REPLIES 23
Richard837
First Poster
Options
I'm getting the same Issue, so much I've stopped using the watch
0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm getting the same problem only took my galaxy active off the charger at 10 o'clock and I've dropped 4% already
0 Likes
richard49
Apprentice
Options
I'm also having the same problem ; just realised from your post that it was the health app update that's causing the problem, any ideas as to solve this problem as the watch is now unusable?
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
it's a bit better now but still not as good as I'd like, I've only really used it for the time at level 3 brightness since 12pm (4pm now) and it dropped 10% in that time, seems a bit too high
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
I'm not sure how to solve it, I just hope Samsung pushes out an update soon for it
0 Likes
Squidge
Student
Options
I'm having the same issue - dropped from 100% to 12% within 6 hours yesterday. Terrible! I've reset my watch to see if that makes any difference but the wear app says at 100% I've got about 1 day of use left, which means I can't track sleep and use the watch during the day (unless I want to take it off to charge it for a few hours during the day.... Which I don't)
Rach77
Pathfinder
Options
I have the same problem but intermittently. some days it's normal and otgers tge battery goes from 70% to 11% within 2 hours. Hope an update comes soon to fix this issue.
TaraR
First Poster
Options
I've got the same problem and judging by the comments here its linked to the health app update. I had no issue before and nothing else has changed.
Johnno2244
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue as all of you. My Samsung health app is draining my battery 50-60% a day. So frustrating.. hope this is fixed soon...

0 Likes