Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active unexpected battery drain after Samsung health update

(Topic created on: 08-10-2020 01:04 PM)
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
Basically up until today I was getting 2-3 days of battery from my watch, pretty average. There was this Samsung health update that became available last week, but I only installed it today. Ever since then, Samsung health has been eating up the most battery and it has been draining 4-6% an hour, which would mean it would barely last a day. Is anyone else having this problem? And when will Samsung fix this?

23 REPLIES 23
Therna1055
First Poster
Options

Same here!!  Did not realize it was the health app, but the battery draining is ridiculous. 

0 Likes
Squidge
Student
Options
After reading posts about similar issues I uninstalled the wear app and reinstalled it and started again and my battery was lasting almost 2 days again for a few weeks. But then last night (after an update to the find my phone feature yesterday) I went to bed with battery of 63% and woke up to my watch turned off and with only 2% battery when I turned it on. I'll see how it goes today but if it drains fast again I'll be uninstalling and reinstalling again. Hopefully that will help some of you
Gus13
First Poster
Options

I've got my watch 2 weeks ago, and the battery has never lasted more than 24h for the same reason. Thanks for the update!! I'll try that today.

0 Likes
Vin75
First Poster
Options

Are they ever going to fix this?

JAkin
Student
Options

Will give this a try because its absolutely ridiculous. If I can't use the health app on this then the watch is basically useless.

0 Likes
JAkin
Student
Options

I hope they fix it soon. Its been months and this issue shouldn't be lasting this long

0 Likes
mynickname
First Poster
Options

Surprised no one from Samsung replied to this thread. This issue seems to be wide spread and lasted months now.

0 Likes
Lauren07
First Poster
Options

Seems I’ve got this issue since moving to the iPhone last week, tried everything to get it to last but not working 

0 Likes
OduilsonX
First Poster
Options
Samsung, I have had a serious battery drain problem for 3 months now because of Samsung Health. I demand respect from all of us users and in a hurry to solve our problems. I use a Galaxy Watch 46mm BT that should last 2 to 3 days and does not last if you want 6 hours. I want a solution for the repair since your mistake. They are already taking too long.
NX1977
Explorer
Options
Has everyone whose had this issue used the contact us/report function in the wearable app?

The more who do, the quicker we'll see a fix
0 Likes