Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active dead screen

(Topic created on: 17-08-2020 03:44 PM)
yn2
Student
Options

Hi! I've been using my Galaxy Watch Active for a few months now and it's been good with no issues at all! However this afternoon, I noticed that my watch was unusually "quiet" so I tapped on the screen to check it out. I saw that the screen had some static and then it suddenly blacked out and became unresponsive.

I tried turning it on / off by pressing the power button but nothing happened. I tried pressing both physical buttons in hopes of rebooting the watch but nothing happened. I tried charging the watch and pressing the power button but again, nothing happened.

I thought the watch was dead but when I went into the Galaxy Wearable app, I saw that my watch was still connect via bluetooth and that it still had 50% battery. When I charged the watch, the app also showed that it was charging. When I turned the watch off, the app also showed that the watch was disconnected. 

This means that my watch is still working and the issue probably lies with the screen? Has anyone encountered this issue before and what did you do to fix your watch? 

I really enjoy using my watch and would be devastated if I couldn't find a way to fix my watch😭 

My watch is out of warranty but do you guys know roughly how much it would cost to fix my watch? I've booked an appointment at the service centre to get my watch checked out but I can only go on Sunday, which is way too many days to go without my watch😭 Hope you kind souls are able to help me out🙏

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_Santos
First Poster
Options

The exact thing just happened to me a couple days ago. The watch itself seems to be working according to the wearable app, but the screen won't turn on. And the haptic feedback from the crown also doesn't work anymore, but the watch still vibrates from time to time (maybe for new notifications, not sure). Anyone knows how to fix this?

0 Likes
Mckenzie85
Apprentice
Options
Currently experiencing this problem myself, my watch went black last night.
Watch is only a few months old, I'm devastated. Currently on hold with sky, (contact provider) see what they say then probably gotta go to Samsung. Gutted!
I too tried charging and pressing buttons but nothings worked so far.
Watch is still showing active on phone.

Will update when i know more.
yn2
Student
Options

Thank you for your response! When I went to Samsung, the employee who was helping me told me that they didn't know what exactly was wrong with my watch but he estimated that it would cost around $300+ to figure out what's wrong and fix my watch. In the end, he recommended that I just got another watch😭 Really missing having a smart watch on my wrist!

Hope to get an update from you🙏

0 Likes
Mckenzie85
Apprentice
Options
mine is getting collected tomorrow for repair so, I'll update again if / when I find the answer out.
0 Likes
Mckenzie85
Apprentice
Options
my watch got collected for Samsung to repair. in under a week I have my watch back on my wrist, the letter that came back with it stated they had repaired/ replaced the main screen and the back glass/ cover. hope this might help you guys. x
0 Likes