Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch active Blood Pressure Monitor.

(Topic created on: 14-02-2020 09:59 PM)
neilbr66
First Poster
Options

Can someone please tell me when Samsung will let the Blood Pressure Monitor will be activated with the BP Lab App in the UK. This was the the only reason I purchased the watch. 

2 REPLIES 2
pf2303
Apprentice
Options

I have yet to find a watch that can take a correct blood pressure reading without inflating and deflating on your wrist. Otherwise I can't see it being accurate. Show these devices to a doctor and they are quite ammused and not impressed. 

0 Likes
gmincca
Journeyman
Options

Me too!

Samsung sold the Active claiming BP detection by the watch (no reference to needing 3rd party app) and it never happened and now they sell the Active 2 claiming ECG monitoring, AFIB and falls detection - guess what we're all still waiting.

I'm a little surpised that such blatant mis-selling hasn't landed Samsung in legal hot water. Competitor Withings have also launched a hybrid SmartWatch with ECG monitoring, but they didn't launch until it was fully operational and had achieved both FDA accreditation and EU approval. It is a little like buying a car that will get wheels eventually!! Would you buy it?