Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active Battery Life

(Topic created on: 16-04-2021 01:02 AM)
Bexstar
Journeyman
Options
I was just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the Galaxy Watch Active battery life since the update? My battery now only lasts about 6 hours and its driving me insane. Not much point to a Watch if I have to take it off to charge it twice a day. I've tried turning off stuff on it and turning the brightness down. Nothing I seem to do makes a difference.
15 REPLIES 15
d8smt
Explorer
Options
Had exactly the same problem. Do a backup, then reset the watch and restore the backup. Fixed it for me.
Bexstar
Journeyman
Options
Thank you I'll give it a go
0 Likes
Kiran_s
Journeyman
Options
I've had the same issue, since update my battery is draining fast. Usually my watch would last all day and still have 40- 30% battery- now 30% drains in 5 mins.
0 Likes
Kiran_s
Journeyman
Options
I'll try this and let you know if it changes anything
0 Likes
Zebulon1
First Poster
Options

Same problem with Watch 3. I had to charge it 2 times during the day yesterday,   and it completely drained overnight. 

Battery usage showed ~20% watch face, ~20% samsung health so I applied minimal watch face but no obvious difference on battery life.

Did a backup, reset, restore   ,  I'll let you know if this fixed the issue.

0 Likes
Bexstar
Journeyman
Options
Well I reset the watch, I left everything in factory default today to see if that helped it hasn't. It will be dead within the next hour. Its so disappointing, only got it last month.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That doesn't seem right to me @Bexstar . Would you be able to let the watch battery drop under 50% from a full charge and send us a screenshot of the battery usage so I can see if there is anything malfunctioning or draining too much battery? 

You can get this info from the Samsung Galaxy Wearable app > Settings > About Watch > Battery.

Bexstar
Journeyman
Options
Hi, yes I'll make sure it's fully charged tonight and send the info over tomorrow. Thank you
0 Likes
Joe_p88
Journeyman
Options
I've just sent mine off to get repaired/looked into as since the updated the battery life was all over the place and I only got mine last month.

At one point the charge went from 100% to 45% in 7hrs (whilst I was sleeping) then it went from 45% to 0% in the next 26hrs! Just didn't make any sense at all I barely used it throughout so didn't understand why the battery dropped so quickly initially.

Then when I charged it back to 100% it only lasted around 6hrs.

I've reset it numerous times, turned notifications off, uninstalled/reinstalled the samsung apps, used a dull watch face and none of it worked.

So I'm just waiting to see what they say after looking into this issue as I know a lot of people are having the same problem.
0 Likes