Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active 2 - Recurring Battery Drain Problem (even after reset)

(Topic created on: 27-12-2021 05:26 PM)
jaskknd
First Poster
Options

I've had my watch since end of 2019, and for the first 6 month it was working fine with an average 2 days battery life. But since an update in 2020 I've been experiencing rapid battery drain (like most others). When it first occurred the fix was just back-up > reset > restore, and that solved the problem and it was fine again for the next few months. 

But recently for the past few months, I've been having the same issue, and I have identified that whenever I activated "Water Lock" mode, the watch will get into the same problem of rapid battery drain, and it persist even after i deactivated water lock mode. The problem now is, back-up > reset > restore no longer solve the problem, and I had to reset it and reinstall/reconfigure it from scratch(with some exception) in order for the problem to go away. 

I've already tried filtering out what to restore and what not to, and so far it seems like S Health is the only thing I can keep without causing the battery drain to happen. 

Is there anyone who knows a permanent solution to this problem?

(Note: I've been using water lock mode since i first got my watch, problems only started since a 2020 update)

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Reduced battery life on your Samsung smart watch

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003232/
0 Likes
Keg02
First Poster
Options

I have same issue, bought Monday put on charge, during setup battery went flat so put back on recharge, had not even been on my wrist at this stage, today was fully charged took of charger was showing 99% within 3 hours was showing low battery. Now at 9.45pm showing 27% . So this is 4th charge in 3 days, my Garmin I could get up to 6 days out of it. Hope this improves or will be sending out bad reviews, very disappointed at this stage.

0 Likes
Mozetta
First Poster
Options
Ali
0 Likes
Nikhil08652
First Poster
Options

I am facing the same issue. sometimes it works fine, sometimes it drains abruptly.

0 Likes
Nikhil08652
First Poster
Options

Not helpful.

I reset the watch and literally removed everything, it worked fine a couple of times but the issue starts again.  It's just absurd to keep resetting the watch again and again.

This is my first Samsung product and Certainly, Samsung doesn't live up to its expectation.

0 Likes
GatorBear
First Poster
Options

So...I decided to use this watch again and after the update, I'm getting about 9 hours of wear. I use to get 2-3 days before the update. What the heck happened? This makes this watch unusable to me. I can't get through a full day.

Idfzz
First Poster
Options

In the exact same boat. The battery wouldn't even charge for a day or two. Must have screwed with the battery management software or something!