Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch Active 2 - Rapid battery drain overnight since update

(Topic created on: 08-10-2020 12:01 AM)
WhisperingUnicorn
Apprentice
Options
Hi there, 

Since the most recent update to software version R83XXU1CTH8 (the one that provides deeper analysis for running such as asymmetry etc.) my battery life has been attrocious on my Active 2. 

Through the day battery drain is fairly normal, overnight however it drops by over 50%? 

Before the update it would drop by about 15-20%? 

This means my battery life has gone from 1.75+days to less than 20hours. 

Does anybody know if there is a fix for this? One of the things I enjoy most about my watch is the sleep analytics but that's useless if the watch doesn't last the night! 

From the battery data it's hard to tell exactly what is causing this. 

The attached image does not appear to add up to the correct value (current battery life is 8%, battery was charged to 100%, there's about 50% of battery usage not accounted for). 

Thank you in advance. 
15 REPLIES 15
Solution
NoteGuyIreland
Voyager
Options
Is it BT only or 4G/lte version?
Maybe do a backup, then factory reset it and load the backup, it shouldn't take all that long to do, not like the phone so worth a try
WhisperingUnicorn
Apprentice
Options
Hi!

BT only which makes things even weirder. Just completed a factory reset earlier and reloaded a backup for everything except settings, will see what happens over the next day or so.

I haven't seen any other people mentioning this issue which makes me think it's more than likely something that can be fixed rather than an actual software issue!
0 Likes
WhisperingUnicorn
Apprentice
Options
Full reset seems to have done the trick, battery consumption overnight down to 8% from 45%.

Much better!
NoteGuyIreland
Voyager
Options
Excellent, hopefully it stays good 👍
Did you install any new apps or watchfaces just before the battery drain started?
I have had bad experience in the past with that.
0 Likes
vtae44
First Poster
Options

Hello, how do you get to this page to see your battery usage?

pakleiven
First Poster
Options

I suddenly got this problem on my Active 2 4G yesterday. This fixed it for me, thank you!

0 Likes
chhoung520
First Poster
Options

I got this issue too, and now it's solved by reset the watch. Thank you!

0 Likes
imehulv
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20210507-150004.jpgProblem Still persisting after factory reset. 40-50% battery drain in Night mode. Has anybody come across a solution. I feel its more of a software update issue.  The picture is after a full charge, seems samsung health is consuming maximum.

0 Likes
nbd
First Poster
Options

My Active 2 started draining the batter at night a few weeks ago.  I tried the back up and factory reset and it worked perfectly for onenight.  Then redrained the battery the next night.  Need another fix!!

0 Likes