Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active 2 "settings" battery drain

(Topic created on: 17-09-2020 09:36 AM)
GooDestroyer
First Poster
Options

I got my brand new galaxy watch active 2 44mm non LTE version two days ago, and, while I love it, I noticed that the battery life was draining fast. This bothered me, since I have AOD off, all the heartrate sensor options (heartrate, stress, and REM sleep tracking) off, wifi on auto, most notifications blocked, location off, short screen timeout, stock watchface, and I keep recent apps closed. I went on the Galaxy wearable app to see the battery tracking for the watch, and it shows that the "settings' is using at least 5 times more battery life than anything else (screenshot is posted). What should I do? I just got the watch two days ago, and it only had one very minor update, so I wouldn't think that a factory reset would do anything. I bought the 44mm version for the bigger battery than the 40mm, but from what I understand the battery life isn't doing any better. Here are my Battery usage stats. I've seen some people talk about getting 3-5 days on a charge with some features such as location enabled. I bought to be a smart watch, so I would like to use some features without having my battery die too fast. If some can get three days with features on, surely there is something wrong that can be fixed. Any suggestions on what I should do next??

6 REPLIES 6
ajny777
First Poster
Options

I bought a active2 watch for my wife for Christmas. The battery is drained by 12p,without any use  and with correct settings, Tmobile exchanged it once and I still have the problem > I dont know what to do. I am stuck with the watch. they cant return as I am out of the 14 days limit. Need help

0 Likes
Jaibe87
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I have the exact same issue... Batter drains with-in half a day the "settings" app seems to be the one draining all the battery - If you can believe it.

0 Likes
Andy44
Explorer
Options

Is this due to any recent update?

My Galaxy watch LTE version had issues last year but I had the motherboard ,battery and heart rate monitor replaced and has been fine up until 3 days ago. Battery will only just about last 24 hrs. Used to get just under 3 days out of it. I have checked all the settings and "optimised" battery but still have not managed to improve this. 

0 Likes
Andy44
Explorer
Options

Managed to improve battery life! Now back up to 3 days. I charged up to 100% Wednesday 19th August and this morning at about 9:30am down to 15%. I deleted my bluetooth headset and cleared cache changed screen timeout to 15 seconds. All seems ok so far.

0 Likes
Andy44
Explorer
Options

Back to overnight battery issues. last night I went to bed with watch at 67 % completely flat 7 hrs later!

0 Likes
CptKillepi
Pioneer
Options

Same problem here. I think it's caused by loosing connection to the phone at night. My note 20 5G shutdown wifi, bluetooth etc. at night. While this happen the watch connects my wifi and the mobile network. I think that's the problem of draining battery over night...

0 Likes