Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active 2 pressure/altitude issue

(Topic created on: 03-10-2021 11:45 PM)
nunofduarte
Journeyman
Options

"Funny" thing happened today while I was on a plane, returning home from vacations: the screen started to detach, like if the watch was inflating from the inside. Mostly on the left side of the watch. I could see the glue expanding. 

I got scared it would be related to the battery, so I switched the watch off. It eventually "deflated" and the screen "reattached", as weird as it sounds.

Unfortunately I did not take any pictures of the event. 

Could this be related to the pressure on the plane's cabin? Am I the first to report this? I had been checking on the altimeter/barometer to see if it measured the height while on the plane, could this be the problem? 

Looking forward to some input from the community.

Thank you.

#galaxywatchactive2 #active2 #watchactive2

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @nunofduarte ,

that is clearly not the behaviour that our watches should have. Would you be able to send a picture of the watch status? Is that working as intended at the moment? 

0 Likes
Members_ai1kwK2
First Poster
Options

Hi, I just had the same experience with my watch on the recent flight. The screen pushed upwards, all around. I had the exact same thoughts and fears about an expanding or exploding battery onboard of an airplane, the least thing you want to happen to your devices in that kind of situation! The screen went back to "normal" status after landing. Been scaptical about water-resistants since then, can't be optimal.

20221026_090319.jpg

20221026_090323.jpg

0 Likes