Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Active 2 not connecting to phone

(Topic created on: 14/01/21 23:44)
galaxystar2
Apprentice
Options
Wearables
Hi,

I bought a Samsung galaxy watch active 2, 2 months ago. Today it randomly disconnected from my Galaxy S20. I unpaired the watch to my phone. When I switched my watch back on it now says 'Couldn't connect to phone. Contact customer service.' 

I contacted customer service but they weren't much help. I am unable to get to my watch face screen so cannot use any function on the watch.

I also am unable to re-pair my watch to my phone and is unable to be located in the wearable app.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks 
10 REPLIES 10
Regnarts
Navigator
Options
Wearables
Hello,

Try factory resetting the watch then see if it becomes responsive. This sometimes solves many such issues.

I hope it helps...
galaxystar2
Apprentice
Options
Wearables
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this and it still doesn't work, it's still coming up with the same message when it powers on 😞
0 Likes
Regnarts
Navigator
Options
Wearables

Hello,

Did you manage to get the app to recognise the phone?

I am assuming that the watch does actually boot up but does not show up on the phone app.

In which case, you may want to consider that the fault may lie with the phone rather than the watch.

So if you have not already done this, then try pairing the watch with another compatible device ensuring (of course) that Bluetooth is turned on on both devices.

If you succeed, then the watch is okay.

Try removing the app from your phone and reinstalling it, then see if the watch is recognised.

Let me know how you get on.

: )
0 Likes
ptyalin0
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I'm having the exact same issue; numerous recovery attempts have yielded nothing. Have you found any solutions yet?

0 Likes
galaxystar2
Apprentice
Options
Wearables
Yes, I deleted the galaxy watch app from my phone, reset all the settings and cleared the cache and then restarted my phone and it worked for me. Hope this helps
0 Likes
ptyalin0
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Thanks - Are you referring to the cache/data specifically for the Wearable app? I've uninstalled/reinstalled/cleared the Wearable app and had it searching for new devices while restarting the watch, but my Active 2 just keep cycling to the same "Contact customer service" screen.

0 Likes
galaxystar2
Apprentice
Options
Wearables
Yes thr wearable app and I did it with the watch active2 plug in aswell
0 Likes
ptyalin0
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Thanks again, no luck however. I'm guessing it's either a matter of my region (US watch in Canada) and/or the order of operations being very picky.

0 Likes
Murad Suleymanli
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. Are there any updates for this issue? I'm afraid this problem is hardware related 😕

0 Likes