Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy watch active 2 no update available

(Topic created on: 15-03-2021 04:03 PM)
Fishies86
First Poster
Options
I'm eagerly waiting for the new update to allow ECG and BP on the galaxy active 2. I'm in the UK, so should have gone out end of February, but every time I check for updates it says the watch has the latest update. Shouldn't I have the newest update available by now?
Can anyone help?
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Fishies86
First Poster
Options
I also can't find the health monitor app in the store 🤔
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Fishies86 ,

this was released in the UK on the 22nd of February for the Galaxy Watch Active2 and Galaxy Watch3. Can I ask where did you get the watch from? 

0 Likes
Fishies86
First Poster
Options
I got the watch free with my phone on Three network (UK)
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Have you tried to restart both devices and see if that makes any difference? If so, would you be able to send me the watch model and serial number in a message so I can check and confirm that this was intended to be used in the UK?

0 Likes
Fishies86
First Poster
Options

restarting made no difference. the modem number is sm-r500 and the serial number is ***. Thanks :smiling-face:

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for that, I have now amended your previous message so no one can use your serial number. It seems that the watch is a UK version. Can you please confirm what phone are you using with this? 

0 Likes
Fiz7863
Voyager
Options
i recieved the update on 3rd March. once update comes through u ll ve a new widget in ur active watch 2 called health monitor. when u open it in the watch it ll ask you to download the app on phone. it opens the app page n u can download it. my bp function works fine but ecg doesn't at all. i have raised a case with samsung they r looking into it.
0 Likes
Fishies86
First Poster
Options
thank you :smiling-face: I'm using a Samsung galaxy s20.
0 Likes
ChrisXenon
First Poster
Options

I have a Galaxy Watch Active 2, running SM-R830, One UI v2, Tizen 5.5.0.2, SW R830XXUIDUE3, Knox 2.5.0, SDK 2.5.0, SE for Tizen 2.0.0, TIMA 3.0.0 ans 28 inches inside leg. The watch says it's up-to-date. I'm using it with a Huawei P Ssmart running Galaxy Wear and the Samsung Health app, all up-to-date.

I do not see the ECG app or the BP app, and there are no new widgets to add. Any thoughts on what now?

Also, after the recent update, now, annoyingly, the Watch auto-detects walking as before - that's OK - but it now insists that I tell it YES or NO to a new question about whether or not I want to enter manual mode for more information. Can i turn this off? It's really annoying and stops the watch being a watch until I'm a good boy and jump through it's dictatorial hoop.

Thanks

0 Likes